Anyone use Samsung Pay a lot?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have made multiple attempts at my Walmart and I haven't been able to get it to work....yet. But I will try every single time, I don't care how long the line behind me is. :D I used it at Joann yesterday and the employee said she had never seen anyone do that before. I gave her a funny look because I refuse to believe I am the only mature, nerdy, crafter that uses a smart phone.
I use it Walmart all the time with no issues. If you use a case that could be the problem.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I use it Walmart all the time with no issues. If you use a case that could be the problem.

I would think if it were the case it would give me problems at other stores. But then again you could be right and it is just another quirk of Walmart. If I can't get it to work next time I'll take the case off and try again.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Lol. Just showing the types of readers that do work with Samsung Pay, in case anyone new wants to try .

I can also report that my S8+ has worked with the type of card shown in your firsr photo. Yesterday afternoon I made a purchase at Walmart, and it went through successfully! This is not even the first time I've paid successfully at Walmart. Maybe next time I'll try my Gear S3.

I did have to move the phone around a bit, and it helped that there was no line.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I've used it on those square readers a few times and works find you definitely have to hold it there longer.

I paid for my lunch today with my Gear S3 on a Square Reader. It was the type that plugs into an iPhone. I had to make two attempts, as the first resulted in a reader error.

I felt bad because as I was walking away, the merchant told his next customer "wow, he just paid with his watch!" To which she replied "cool, I should try that with my Apple Watch." I hope she didn't spend too long with that. :)

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If you have problems with a iPad Register like this one ask the cashier if it is offline. If it is offline then hold your phone or s3 over the location you slide the card then it should work.

Attachments

• 20170517_125152.jpg
    20170517_125152.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 45

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I try to but I also didn't know about the promotion.

I just got a notification for a reward. $25 Hudson's Bay gift card.

This is why I appreciate android more with rewards like Google and Samsung. I like Apple but they will never reward you.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Costco couldn't fool the gas pump with a fake card and using SP had to break out the debit card
3550b314c4ea5a00cf3415010295c82a.jpg

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Dumb question, but is that tap and pay symbol area just not in service? If it is you wouldn't need the card trick
Yes it is and I have tried that on two different named gas businesses and it never works it will beep but then fail

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Ok. I broke my cherry today at home Depot. Only to have it fall at Lowe's three times 🤣

I had to explain to the cashier I was sorry, if I use it so many times a month I get a $100 gift card. Might have exaggerated a little bit.

Are there any tricks on where to find the phone?

krabkakes95

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Wait, card trick? I'm assuming you insert some random card and remove it while you have Samsung pay broadcasting the signal?

I tried to pay at the pump today for my first Samsung pay payment and I didn't work after 2 tries so I moved on.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Wait, card trick? I'm assuming you insert some random card and remove it while you have Samsung pay broadcasting the signal?

I tried to pay at the pump today for my first Samsung pay payment and I didn't work after 2 tries so I moved on.
Tried it as well, no dice for me.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Screenshot_20170518-075625.jpg
This is conservative for me. I got into an argument with the store Pandora on Sunday because they won't accept wireless payments at all. I have a call into corporate about it. And their CC payment machines even have the damn wireless logo on it. They state it's a 'corporate policy' yet no one can explain why.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I've tried the card trick several times and it has never worked so I don't bother anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood