Anyone use Samsung Pay a lot?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I just started using Samsung Pay yesterday and holy cow is it ever convenient! The chip reader takes forever and all I need to do with this touch my phone to the card reader and away I go! I can't imagine my life without it at this point.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I usually confirm with the cashier Whether to it the green circle or red X for credit I don't think I've ever run into a case where that wasn't an option
Cashier's around here are horrible for the most part. Hell, people around here are pretty unfriendly as a whole.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So I found out the two places it didn't work with Tap & Pay at the pump don't have them hooked up yet, hate when I actually have to use a card

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
wait, what trick????

Hold your phone to the card reader with SP active, swipe a card backwards, upside down, any way but the correct way. That activates the mag strip and detects your phone. When you have to pre-pay at the pump, this truck doesn't help as far as paying for the gas. I didn't check my points before I tried it, so I'm not sure if I actually received points.

DaHui623

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I use it nearly every day. I got a $50 gift code to Samsung.com in December from points.

Attachments

• 3785.jpg
    3785.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 25

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I just started using Samsung Pay yesterday and holy cow is it ever convenient! The chip reader takes forever and all I need to do with this touch my phone to the card reader and away I go! I can't imagine my life without it at this point.
It's hard to go back once you've used it😊

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So I found out the two places it didn't work with Tap & Pay at the pump don't have them hooked up yet, hate when I actually have to use a card

I use Spay so much that I also hate to use my physical card. The other day it did not work at the DMV and another store that I've used it alot with no problems. They had the chip. It's been so long since I've used the chip that I've forgotten it took so long.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
That's strange because I have really good success with it in stores but I've never been able to get it to work on vending machines.
I guess it's bc it ran it as credit and not debit. Idk what the cashiers process is, or if I can select credit myself. Kinda hard to get a cashier to let me play around and see if I can figure it out without them giving me an attitude.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I started using Samsung Pay on my S6 and continued to use it on my S7 Edge and now on my S8 Plus. I had a V20 for about 6 months and was using Android Pay on that device. It too works quite well but obviously isn't supported everywhere. I am finding that even in my small State of Vermont, Android Pay works in a ton of places.

AC321

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Using your phone is not anymore convenient than using yours debit card. In fact I found it more of a process to take phone out, unlock, open app, add pin, then spend 20-45 seconds finding the sweet spot, then finally entering in your debit pin and wait for approval. And still it may fail sometimes and you would repeat while getting all sweaty while people behind you are watching to see what the big deal is and why are you taking so darn long attempting this gimmick 3 times while the clerk is resetting the machine for you with each failed attempt. Lol. THIS IS TRUE STORY.

This has been my experience as well, but without the pin. I swipe up, use my fingerprint, and I'd say 3 out of 7 times it doesn't work on the first try, despite trying to line my Note5 up perfectly as the Samsung instructions say. That's when I inevitably hear from the cashier, "we don't have that," and I have to ask if they can try it again, and it usually works the second time. I have also tried putting the phone in place before doing my thumbprint and have found that works a little better, but it's still not perfect. So for a while I was only using it if no one was behind me in line. But lately I've found myself just not wanting to bother. It's just easier to use the card like everyone else, even if it's not quicker (particularly with the chip readers, which seem to take forever). Wish it just worked first time every time.

AC321

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I broke my cherry today at home Depot. Only to have it fall at Lowe's three times 🤣

I had to explain to the cashier I was sorry, if I use it so many times a month I get a $100 gift card. Might have exaggerated a little bit.

Are there any tricks on where to find the phone?

Our Lowes stores have the fat piece of plastic over the card reader. I have never been able to get it to work at Lowes. I just figured the phone ended up too far from the card reader.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Left my phone at home walked to the store made a purchase with my Gear S3 walked back home once the watch reconnected via Bluetooth to the phone SP updated with notifications.
The cashier also asked about the watch ⌚, I wear it on my left hand 🖐️ so I half to reach over the Cc reader but it it was on your right wrist nobody would even notice you making a payment

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
My favorite thing is when, 10-30 minutes after I get home, I receive a Samsung pay notification telling me that I can use it to pay at the store I just got home from. Maybe it needs a little fine tuning, so it reminds me while I'm still there?

zyad

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
In Canada.... I was using it regularly. Got a $25 gift card from The Bay for using it the first three times... I thought I would be getting Samsung rewards points, but there is no such thing when I log into my account. I guess no Samsung Points in Canada? That sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20