Bixby is coming and it's going to be useful

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Why didn't they just name it Sammy? Would made sense. But anyway Bixby will be very useful just like Google Now. At least I hope so. Are y'all excited for it??

**Edit: I know someone who knows someone who may know a person that is working on the dev team. Could you guys tell me what you guys are looking for in Bixby? It's going to be hard work but I have a great feeling it'll be very good.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, actually Sammy wouldn't have been bad haha. And it's 'unisex' enough so you can use male or female voices. I'm willing to give it a try (mostly because the effin' button is there), but if S-Voice is any indication of how Bixby will be and what Bixby cards are at the moment, I fear I'm sticking with Google's Assistant.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
All it's going to do is use up battery and nag with stuff you don't care about. I would much rather tell the phone what I want it to do for me instead of the other way around.

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I havent used it for anything at all at this point. Anyone care to share what "Useful" features you use it for?

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Unless they show it off doing something really extraordinary, you have to think Bixby is eventually gonna end up on the tech scrap heap with Newton, Microsoft Bob, Web TV, Google Glass and oh yeah, S-Voice - to name a few. Having it crippled from the get-go, after making such a fuss about it, was ridiculous.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Tend to agree that it isn't likely to gain much adoption.

This did not go well for Samsung, given the nature of the rollout/deployment.

Those first impression always matter...

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've got it turned off and the button remapped to the Google assistant. Until they really go have it setup to compete with Google I'll just keep using Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21