A couple time since I have had my s8 plus it randomly began making a strange noise, similar sound to when you would hold down the camera button and take multiple photos. Yesterday I was about to open an app that I use all the time for my business and the sound suddenly happened, but this time wouldn't stop. My client heard it also. At first I thought I may have hit something accidently hit the camera and it was taken multiple pictures, although my phone is so new to me I don't know if the S series still does that, but I couldn't reach any apps and when I tried to power down it would keep take me to the lock screen. I finally restarted the phone and it immediately stopped. I have had my s8 plus for just a couple weeks and I love it. I have had the s4 and the s6 edge so I love the S series. Has anyone had anything like this? Or could possible know what it might be? I definitely am going to take it in or reach out to Samsung to see if anyone else has had this challenge with their s8 plus.
    05-13-2017 07:55 AM
    I don't remember seeing anything in the forum or mentioned on the Samsung sites I monitor. AFAIK that shutter sound is particular to the camera so no idea what may have set it off. But, these phones, and computers in general, get confused at times and stuff just happens. Know that doesn't help though. I would follow up with Samsung as you suggest and maybe someone else may chime in who has seen this. I'm not coming up with anything from Google search either, but you can turn the shutter sound off:

Launch the camera app;
    Tap on the cog icon;
    Within the Settings menu, scroll down;
    Find and tap on the Shutter Sound option;
    Its toggle will switch to Off.
    05-13-2017 11:26 AM
    Which apps were you using before it started making the sound? Does it happen when using certain apps? It could be app related an not necessarily the phone.
    05-13-2017 12:15 PM
    Actually i think I know what you are talking about. It's a faint camera shutter sound right? I hear it sometimes too randomly, usually when I'm not using the phone. Itll be on the desk, and i hear 5 or so of these clicks or whatever you call it. I look over and on the bottom left of the screen are very small words that pops up, but can't read it cause it shows up so fast and disappears just as fast.

Yours happened while you were using it, so I'm not sure if it might be different or the same
    05-13-2017 12:28 PM