Package disablers a waste of time?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree. For some people, they don't need a package disabler. For me though I like to fine tune and tweak all the settings on my phone to get them just right. Not only I an advanced android user, a geek but I'm also very anal about how I use my phone. For the good and for the bad .....

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I use it to disable as much of the AT&T crap as I can. Then it's on to other system stuff I simply don't want to see showing up. As others have stated, you should be careful with what you disable. Android is all about personal choice and preference.

jckd

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Bixby

Just FYI...... Package disabled pro shut Bixby right down for me no problems. . . I thought I would like this Bixby thing but it pretty much does nothing. I was expecting more of a siri type thing. . . But it's gone. .happily . . Bye for now.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Bixby

Yeah I agree. I have the app as well. I just disabled Bixby completely I love my Google now cards! I love how it also disabled that Bixby button as well.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use PDP just because I don't like being told what to do. Battery and memory are not concerns for me. I just hate hitting that danged Bixby button when I am doing something else and I don't want Verizon's version of something Google does better and I don't want Samsung OR Verizon telling me I have to like NASCAR or NFL or some stupid game they want me to use.
It's like if I bought a TV and they told me I had to watch certain channels at times.

I love these disabler developers for giving us back some level of control. The S8 is an amazing device and I salute Samsung for making it but it doesn't give them the right to tell me how to use it.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I use PDP just because I don't like being told what to do. Battery and memory are not concerns for me. I just hate hitting that danged Bixby button when I am doing something else and I don't want Verizon's version of something Google does better and I don't want Samsung OR Verizon telling me I have to like NASCAR or NFL or some stupid game they want me to use.
It's like if I bought a TV and they told me I had to watch certain channels at times.

I love these disabler developers for giving us back some level of control. The S8 is an amazing device and I salute Samsung for making it but it doesn't give them the right to tell me how to use it.

Exactly!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

My thoughts exactly!

kalinakara

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Yup, pretty much sums it up how I feel too

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX