I have a Galaxy S8. When an app gives me a notification that wakes up my screen, the screen doesn't turn off. Instead, a black screen comes on and never turns off. The screen has my soft button on the bottom but only shows the back button. Allowing me to return to my lock screen. This is bothersome because my screen stays on until I manually lock it back. Even when I'm sleeping I wake up to it on because someone texted me. I know if I turn off screen wake up on notification it'll fix it. But i like my screen to turn on, The screen is completly black with the back button on the button. Next to the home button. If someone could explain how to turn off your black screen that'll be appreciated. Thank you

EDIT : if I change the settings, allowing notifications to keep my screen off, it'll make it where my screen won't come on. Therefore the black screen won't get on the way and keep my phone on forever. I would like it if there were a way to make my screen come on and after some time it'll go back off, without the black screen coming.
    05-13-2017 03:10 PM
    I know if I turn off screen wake up on notification it'll fix it. But i like my screen to turn on.
    Okay, you know how to disable it, but you don't disable it because you want it to work. I guess I'm not sure what kind of answer you're looking for.
    sc_al likes this.
    05-13-2017 03:27 PM
    Okay, understand. I've been through the manual using multiple word searches and can't come up with anything that matches the black screen you mention. Nor can I find a time-out feature for the notifications, seems it's pretty much a manual process to them.

Thank you for the clarification and sorry I couldn't help. Hopefully one of the sharp folks on the forum can figure it out for you
    05-13-2017 06:52 PM