Verizon Galaxy S8 S8+ Netflix video not smooth

HoloTheWiseWolf

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I've searched all over Google and it seems like I'm the only one with this issue. When I watch videos (especially on netflix) I notice its very choppy at points & not fluid... I did a factory reset, no dice. It's really bothering me, one of the main reasons I bought this phone was for a great entertainment experience, and honestly my nexus 7 has smoother video playback. Could it be due to the s8+'s weird aspect ratio...? I have no lag when scrolling in chrome or on the play store, only videos

Anyway it's too late to return it to best buy, so do you guys have any ideas? Or is it time to try to figure out how the heck Samsung premium care works?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is it choppy on Verizon or wi-fi? I tested mine on both wi-fi and on T-Mobile and video play was smooth.
He didn't mention Verizon.. so why did you say that ? Lol.

Mine is fine OP. Try clearing data on the app and trying again.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because it's in the title......

Verizon Galaxy S8 S8+ Netflix video not smooth
Ah I'm not on desktop so didn't see the tags :p.

Well I'm on Verizon and can do it on my home wifi or LTE without hiccup. I even have played Netflix from SD card downloads and it works well.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You seem to assume that it is samsungs job to support the app, not the other way around. Go ask netflix, I'm sure S8 support is still in "beta" stages.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ah I'm not on desktop so didn't see the tags :p

Going to remember that excus...explanation :)

I'd have to go with the wifi or network. I don't use Netflix, and they also could be the problem, but OTA playback issues are most likely the network. That being said, I seem to remember the new aspect ratio being a problem with something...can't recall it though.

HoloTheWiseWolf

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Going to remember that excus...explanation :)

I'd have to go with the wifi or network. I don't use Netflix, and they also could be the problem, but OTA playback issues are most likely the network. That being said, I seem to remember the new aspect ratio being a problem with something...can't recall it though.

250mbit/s down, and it happens wether it's streaming or playing locally.