Has Anyone Seen This Before?

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
20170514_061136.jpg

My son picked up his new s8 a day ago from T-Mobile. We noticed yesterday a line showing up inside the app tray. It comes and goes and is becoming more visible, and consistent, with time. He is also having major issues with his audio when playing music. Songs will stop, re-start and then jump ahead and then re-start again. Obviously, this phone has major software issues. We re-set it and it continues. Sadly, the phone will go back to T-Mobile tomorrow morning. He JUMPed from an iPhone 6s to this and has decided that he will go back to iPhone... which I am sad to see as I know he really likes this phone. But a lack of trust now exists, which I fully understand.

I also JUMPed from an iPhone (7) to the s8. In my case, knock on wood, I have not experienced any issues with mine. It is working exactly as it should. But thought I would pass this along just in case anyone else has this issue...

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 260035

My son picked up his new s8 a day ago from T-Mobile. We noticed yesterday a line showing up inside the app tray. It comes and goes and is becoming more visible, and consistent, with time. He is also having major issues with his audio when playing music. Songs will stop, re-start and then jump ahead and then re-start again. Obviously, this phone has major software issues. We re-set it and it continues. Sadly, the phone will go back to T-Mobile tomorrow morning. He JUMPed from an iPhone 6s to this and has decided that he will go back to iPhone... which I am sad to see as I know he really likes this phone. But a lack of trust now exists, which I fully understand.

I also JUMPed from an iPhone (7) to the s8. In my case, knock on wood, I have not experienced any issues with mine. It is working exactly as it should. But thought I would pass this along just in case anyone else has this issue...
That's a defective screen... Replace it

Keith929

May 10, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 260035

Why be sad? It's just a simple random defect that was obvious early. Just get it replaced. It's free, no need for sadness.

Even if it happened 8 months from now it would be covered under warranty and you would get a free replacement.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Why be sad? It's just a simple random defect that was obvious early. Just get it replaced. It's free, no need for sadness.

Even if it happened 8 months from now it would be covered under warranty and you would get a free replacement.

I had that happen on my display on the S7E. It actually went away with a hard reset. That could have been coincidence though.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 260035

Is a defective unit. They will replace it. It didn't mean all androids are bad. Easily fixed.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My Mom picked up a Samsung 55" tv back in Dec that had the same issue. Swapped it out at the store on day 2 & the new one does not have a single issue. Defects happen, even to iPhones. If he likes this phone, he should just get another.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If you jumped at a store, you can take it back and get a new one. If you jumped online/csr you're gonna have to call them and pray that they get it right the first time. T-Mobile screwed up my replacement and I had to wait almost 2 weeks for them to send me a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol