Has Anyone Seen This Before?-20170514_061136.jpg

My son picked up his new s8 a day ago from T-Mobile. We noticed yesterday a line showing up inside the app tray. It comes and goes and is becoming more visible, and consistent, with time. He is also having major issues with his audio when playing music. Songs will stop, re-start and then jump ahead and then re-start again. Obviously, this phone has major software issues. We re-set it and it continues. Sadly, the phone will go back to T-Mobile tomorrow morning. He JUMPed from an iPhone 6s to this and has decided that he will go back to iPhone... which I am sad to see as I know he really likes this phone. But a lack of trust now exists, which I fully understand.

I also JUMPed from an iPhone (7) to the s8. In my case, knock on wood, I have not experienced any issues with mine. It is working exactly as it should. But thought I would pass this along just in case anyone else has this issue...
    05-14-2017 06:40 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170514_061136.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	469.6 KB 
ID:	260035

My son picked up his new s8 a day ago from T-Mobile. We noticed yesterday a line showing up inside the app tray. It comes and goes and is becoming more visible, and consistent, with time. He is also having major issues with his audio when playing music. Songs will stop, re-start and then jump ahead and then re-start again. Obviously, this phone has major software issues. We re-set it and it continues. Sadly, the phone will go back to T-Mobile tomorrow morning. He JUMPed from an iPhone 6s to this and has decided that he will go back to iPhone... which I am sad to see as I know he really likes this phone. But a lack of trust now exists, which I fully understand.

I also JUMPed from an iPhone (7) to the s8. In my case, knock on wood, I have not experienced any issues with mine. It is working exactly as it should. But thought I would pass this along just in case anyone else has this issue...
    That's a defective screen... Replace it
    05-14-2017 06:53 AM

Why be sad? It's just a simple random defect that was obvious early. Just get it replaced. It's free, no need for sadness.

Even if it happened 8 months from now it would be covered under warranty and you would get a free replacement.
    05-14-2017 07:17 AM
    Why be sad? It's just a simple random defect that was obvious early. Just get it replaced. It's free, no need for sadness.

Even if it happened 8 months from now it would be covered under warranty and you would get a free replacement.
    I had that happen on my display on the S7E. It actually went away with a hard reset. That could have been coincidence though.
    05-14-2017 07:24 AM

Is a defective unit. They will replace it. It didn't mean all androids are bad. Easily fixed.
    05-14-2017 07:25 AM
    My Mom picked up a Samsung 55" tv back in Dec that had the same issue. Swapped it out at the store on day 2 & the new one does not have a single issue. Defects happen, even to iPhones. If he likes this phone, he should just get another.
    05-14-2017 10:12 AM
    As others said that's defective. Unless he dropped if.
    05-14-2017 10:16 AM
    If you jumped at a store, you can take it back and get a new one. If you jumped online/csr you're gonna have to call them and pray that they get it right the first time. T-Mobile screwed up my replacement and I had to wait almost 2 weeks for them to send me a new one.
    05-14-2017 10:34 AM
    I'll throw in my vote for "get it replaced".
    GC736 likes this.
    05-14-2017 11:10 AM
    Yes, head back to the store and exchange that phone.
    05-14-2017 06:05 PM