Auto rotate certain apps?

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know is there is a way / an app that would allow to to auto rotate certain apps instead of having to use auto rotate system wide?? I could just toggle it on whenever i use a particular app but its not ideal!!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Only if the app has its own built in functionality to rotate or rotate lock (which would require you to still enable auto rotate in Android system settings) would you be able to control individual apps rotation.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can check this out. It allows individual app (per app) settings.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...life01.android.rotationcontrol&token=To45WniB

I actually just found that like 2 minutes ago haha Got a pop up to enable summit and then permissions being requested so i deleted it! I just want something that allows me to simply open the app and it gives a list of all my apps and i can toggle on or off the ones i want to auto rotate! Iam actually surprised samsung doesn't include this in their settings now that i think about it! Its a handy feature and id imagine it would be easy to implement

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
It said something about not behaving properly when i tried accepting permissions! Doesnt work anyway! I toggled it on for the gallery app and it doesnt rotate :(
No problem, was just a suggestionツ

I have an S7 edge, maybe it doesn't work properly on the S8.

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
No problem, was just a suggestionツ

I have an S7 edge, maybe it doesn't work properly on the S8.

My bad. It actually does work! I selected the apps etc but never actually toggled the app itself on after granting permissions! This might just do the trick! I wanted it for the gallery app! Just hope its not a battery drain :)

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
My bad. It actually does work! I selected the apps etc but never actually toggled the app itself on after granting permissions! This might just do the trick! I wanted it for the gallery app! Just hope its not a battery drain :)

I am glad you got it to work. It works fine for me so I wasn't sure if it was a compatibility issue or not. I will catcha on the flip side!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34