05-22-2017 08:35 AM
83 1234
tools
    I have an LG Urbane 2 on Android Wear 2.0, a Pebble 2 (because it was cheap and goes 5 days), and a Gear S3 Frontier. I haven't worn the Gear with my S8 yet, but I'm about to run back to it because I miss Samsung Pay on my wrist and it integrates so well with my Gear IconX and the S8 for workouts.
    11B1P likes this.
    05-16-2017 06:26 AM
    If you're male, S3 frontier is awesome, best smartwatch I've had by a lot
    05-16-2017 06:37 AM
    If you're male, S3 frontier is awesome, best smartwatch I've had by a lot
    I agree, it really is a great watch, size aside
    05-16-2017 09:33 AM
    I just sold my Fenix 3 hr. I did enjoy the battery, but the Gear S3 just blows it away. @Whiskey619 if you're looking for apps, I prefer the S3. Not only do you have a better screen, changing watch faces is a breeze on the S3. The OS is a lot more user-friendly the the F3HR

Oh, and the S3 is smaller than my F3HR. But you'll need to try it for yourself. It may not be too big for you. It's not for me.
    I did try the T-Mobile S3 but I wasn't impress with the battery life. You can get 3 days if you pretty much turn everything off on it. I had the AOD on, with LTE off, wi-fi off and I could only get 2 days.

I did like how the S3 was smaller and lighter than the Fenix 3. I have the Titanium model and it's still heavy to me. Maybe when they can figure out how to get 5 days with the AOD on, I will consider it.
    05-16-2017 09:44 AM
    I have a GS3 frontier. I really liked the chrome look of the classic. However the GS3 frontier is the only one to have its own IMEI. Separate phone line. As to where the classic is only blue tooth compatable. Not sure why samsung did that? I heard both models in the GS2 models had IMEI,s. I found a guy who said he will white gold plate my frontier for 199 with a 5 year warranty. Still haven't decided.
    05-16-2017 10:16 AM
    You're obviously not much into watches - a normal men's watch is around 42mm. Most Rolexes and Omegas are somewhere between 36 and 41mm. The trend towards gigantic watches is over, as can be seen with this year's new models. The S3 is 46mm, which is enormous. You'll need 7.5-8" wrists for this to look normal. It's an electronic watch, so this can be excused to some degree I guess.

My G-Shock is 43mm btw.
    lol that a baby gshock you own? I own three gshocks and my S3 is smaller than all three......
    05-16-2017 11:08 AM
    I've upgraded from Moto 360 to Huawei watch the first gen I love it I get a full 2 days before charging. It's also easy to change bands and you're able to change the battery down the road if you need too. Using it with my S8 +.

just came across this

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Deal-...on-B-H_id94115

that's a really good deal!
    05-16-2017 11:20 AM
    Very functional, very easy to see what you're doing on the watch and maneuvering it is easy too. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6e840c46a3.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d1cd698503.jpg

Nothing personal, but that watch looks huge on your wrist. LOL

If you want to wear it and use it, I am cool with that, but it is a HUGE watch. :P
    zipro likes this.
    05-16-2017 12:50 PM
    Nothing personal, but that watch looks huge on your wrist. LOL

If you want to wear it and use it, I am cool with that, but it is a HUGE watch. :P
    Yes it's huge. I don't give a hoot either. It works great and has some amazing features.
    Anastayja1 and pinkivy98 like this.
    05-16-2017 01:01 PM
    That's nice. I'm looking to add this. Like the size and the way you control it.
    05-16-2017 01:04 PM
    Yes it's huge. I don't give a hoot either. It works great and has some amazing features.
    I agree with you wearing it and agree about the features. I have the S2 and love mine.
    05-16-2017 01:05 PM
    I recommend the Gear S3 Classic over the Frontier because it goes with more and looks more professional. That being said, I am an accountant so if you are someone who hikes a lot or works in a more industrial job then the Frontier. They are essentially the same except for a few features but both are the best watch for the S8 or any Samsung phone for that matter.
    05-16-2017 01:49 PM
    I did try the T-Mobile S3 but I wasn't impress with the battery life. You can get 3 days if you pretty much turn everything off on it. I had the AOD on, with LTE off, wi-fi off and I could only get 2 days.

I did like how the S3 was smaller and lighter than the Fenix 3. I have the Titanium model and it's still heavy to me. Maybe when they can figure out how to get 5 days with the AOD on, I will consider it.
    I agree with the battery life. I don't have AOD turned on, but everything else is. I'm still getting a couple days before charging. I try to charge it in my down time. I knew ahead of time what I was getting into with the battery, but there is so much more I can with the Gear S3 in conjunction with my phone.
    05-16-2017 02:19 PM
    I'm looking at the gear s3 classic. I'm just worried about the size. I really wish they made these smaller.
    They do, they're called the Gear S2
    1naturalace and pinkivy98 like this.
    05-16-2017 02:21 PM
    I got a good deal on an open box Gear S2. I love it!
    05-16-2017 02:33 PM
    I get no less than 3 days ever on a charge with my S3, usually 4 days
    05-16-2017 03:41 PM
    Can someone comment on the affect the gear s3 has on the battery life of the s8 if its constantly connected which i assume uses bluetooth? I literally know nothing about these and i imagine for most people the probably save battery in the sense that the watch takes away from you having to unlock your phone alot of times etc However, iam interested in how much screen on time it actually takes from the s8 regardless of wether you wind up getting more from the phone!
    05-16-2017 04:00 PM
    I have the Gear S2 and it works perfectly fine for me and they're super discounted now so it would be a good time to buy one. I have smaller wrists so its a really good fit for me.
    11B1P likes this.
    05-16-2017 04:11 PM
    Can someone comment on the affect the gear s3 has on the battery life of the s8 if its constantly connected which i assume uses bluetooth? I literally know nothing about these and i imagine for most people the probably save battery in the sense that the watch takes away from you having to unlock your phone alot of times etc However, iam interested in how much screen on time it actually takes from the s8 regardless of wether you wind up getting more from the phone!
    No affect that I've noticed. On either my S8 or the S6.
    05-16-2017 05:03 PM
    I'm using a GS3 classic. Looks better than the Frontier IMO. I go out to some pretty nice places where I'm dressed nicely and I get compliments all the time. Ditch the leather band though. Its junk. The S2 Classic leather bands felt way nicer.

As for the durability of the Frontier, it's not anymore durable. Materials look the same, only that Frontier is colored. If it scratches the finish you have to have it repudiated to fix it. The Classic has brushed and polished stainless steel surfaces. Both can be fixed pretty easily with the right tools without having to refinish it. I have some knicks on the bezel already and I can barely see it. And it looks great against both polished and brushed stainless steel bands. Colored bands will show signs of wear on the finish just from resting your wrists at your desk and such.
    05-18-2017 05:34 PM
    I recommend the Gear S3 Classic over the Frontier because it goes with more and looks more professional. That being said, I am an accountant so if you are someone who hikes a lot or works in a more industrial job then the Frontier. They are essentially the same except for a few features but both are the best watch for the S8 or any Samsung phone for that matter.
    Whether or not you go with the Classic or Frontier will be user preference. I'm not an accountant, and yes I like the Classic too, but I'm more of an active, outdoor, military themed individual, so I prefer the Frontier.
    05-18-2017 05:41 PM
    I'm using a GS3 classic. Looks better than the Frontier IMO. I go out to some pretty nice places where I'm dressed nicely and I get compliments all the time. Ditch the leather band though. Its junk. The S2 Classic leather bands felt way nicer.

As for the durability of the Frontier, it's not anymore durable. Materials look the same, only that Frontier is colored. If it scratches the finish you have to have it repudiated to fix it. The Classic has brushed and polished stainless steel surfaces. Both can be fixed pretty easily with the right tools without having to refinish it. I have some knicks on the bezel already and I can barely see it. And it looks great against both polished and brushed stainless steel bands. Colored bands will show signs of wear on the finish just from resting your wrists at your desk and such.
    They both look cool, but I vastly prefer the military blacked out look of the Frontier. Looks more professional and "real" to me than the more pansy office looking Classic.

I work in a pansy office btw lol.
    05-18-2017 06:24 PM
    Gear s 3 frontier best smart watch I've ever had
    Yup. Agreed
    amyf27 likes this.
    05-18-2017 07:07 PM
    Have the gear S2 LTE and like it very much. Would love to get the S3 but Verizon says we don't need it...
    Are they ever going to get it?

Says on their website it was suppose to launch with the s8 and it didn't. The thing released last year and they still don't have it? Makes NO sense.
    05-18-2017 11:25 PM
    I am getting so sick of waiting for the Verizon S3... will probably just buy the regular 4 when it drops.
    amyf27, Jaycemiskel and the_munc_e like this.
    05-19-2017 09:32 AM
83 1234