Need advice for a smart watch to go with my S8

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a new smart watch to replace my Gear S, but I'm just not sure if I want to go with the a new Samsung watch, or switch to an android wear watch. Overall, I'm happy with the one I have, but I'd like more app options on my new watch. My main concern is how well it will integrate with the native Samsung apps vs. Google apps, so I don't lose naive functionality in favor of more app options. Does anyone have experience with both, and have some insights you can share? Another concern, now that I've moved to the S8, is whether I'll end up with Bixby and Google running in parallel and how that would work out.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have two S2's, one BT only the other Verizon and both integrated very well with my S7e. I've found that smartwatches are more trouble than I need, but I'm retired and rarely even bother with a watch now. I was pleased, more so with the LTE version, as it would also do Google Maps and you could answer phone calls with it. Based on my experience I'd say you'll have better luck with matching a Samsung watch to the S8, and agree with @keno101 the Frontier would be what I would buy.

If you should get into a pi**ing match between Bixby and Google, a disabler can take care of Bixby :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
S3 Frontier by far. Love the watch.
378686f5039d2b6d871e16b5cda53901.jpg

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
If you ever plan on leaving the Android platform I'd give it a second thought. I don't know if the Gear S3 plays with Apple or even any other Android device any better than the S2 does, but if it's the same I think I would consider something that works equally across all platforms.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
If you ever plan on leaving the Android platform I'd give it a second thought. I don't know if the Gear S3 plays with Apple or even any other Android device any better than the S2 does, but if it's the same I think I would consider something that works equally across all platforms.

Works just fine with android and apple.