Sometimes it's great when you don't have options because of the Design. Using it naked.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
I take the case of at home, unless I'm spending time in the kitchen, and in the car, so it will fit snugly in my mount. I've had bad luck with other phones cracking, so I only take it out when the car for is closed and put it back in before I open the door.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
This . . I realize some people need/want/like cases, so I'm not wanting to ding anyone for their choice, but here's where the logic broke down for me and I started going case-less . . .
1) "Dang, this is a beautiful phone, I'm going to put it in a case so it doesn't get scratched"
2) (puts case on phone) "There now it is protected from ever tarnishing it's beauty" (all the while it's beauty is covered by the case)
3) (takes case off to sell) "Dang that's a beautiful phone, a pleasure to hold as well"
4) Next person enjoys looking at and enjoying beautiful phone while I never did . . .
5) "Dang, why did I bother to baby this thing and hide it's beauty only to give it to someone else or put it in a drawer when the next big thing comes along?"
(I know, I know, resale value and all, but still . . .)

As I said, I know there are good reasons for cases, but especially since us enthusiasts change phones every year or two anyway, why not just enjoy it and use it . .

Edit/Add - The HTC U11 phone announced today is a perfect example, looks like an exquisite piece of fine jewelry. You'd be crazy to go without a case, but if its covered up it looks like every other phone in a case.

These are all great, but I have the perfect reason to put a case on it...

Young kids. I have two. They like to throw things.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, there *are* good reasons for using a case . . Had six kids so I know where you're coming from, just that mine are beyond the throwing things stage ;-)

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Another reason is I hate how I babied it for 4-6 months with cases & screen protectors and to turn around selling it not even getting the feeling of using it naked.

It sort of started with my moto Z I had back in March, again not having a choice because of the design with the Mods I just used a BUMPER that they included.

the Moto Z Force ruined me. Since that phone was unbreakable, I got used to not having a case or anything and not worrying about it

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Good point. Why is it that we accept phone designs that are beautiful fragile? I don't know anyone who doesn't routinely drop their phone. At this point, every phone should be as bulletproof as the Motorola Droid Turbo2 and beautiful as the S8. My BlackBerrys of of six years ago were a lot more durable and the z10, q10,z30, and Torch were tough as hell and gorgeous.

I personally never dropped an android phone (i did drop an iphone back with my 6plus ahah) always had something to grip the phone though and i agree we the people are kinda stupid to accept such fragile designs no matter how beautiful they are they're not practical at all.

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I love to go naked with this phone but I already noticed a micro scratch on my screen and when in the gym my phone tends to slip out of my pocket. So this is as close as I can get to naked.

Samsung S8 Plus Case, Nillkin Nature Series Clear Soft TPU Case Back Cover [Ultra Thin] [Slim Fit] for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus - Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZ2BHH...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5823084

Skin from slickwraps

Gpel tempered glass

Galaxy S8 Plus Screen Protector [GS8 Plus] [Case Friendly] Tempered Glass, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Premium Japanese Asahi Glass - (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XX16SJ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5823084

Attachments

• 5706.jpg
    5706.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 32

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Good point. Why is it that we accept phone designs that are beautiful fragile? I don't know anyone who doesn't routinely drop their phone. At this point, every phone should be as bulletproof as the Motorola Droid Turbo2 and beautiful as the S8. My BlackBerrys of of six years ago were a lot more durable and the z10, q10,z30, and Torch were tough as hell and gorgeous.
I've never dropped my cell phone in the past 7 years, and most of the people i know haven't as well. Can't blame those that have an accident and drop their phone, but those that routinely drop their phone ought to maybe be more careful and mindful first than blaming phone designs.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Blaming Apple, Samsung, etc. just seems silly. They're in it to sell phones.

This is a WAKE UP call for me personally and I thank Samsung for it.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Always thought wallet or folio cases were nuts. But the curved glass has me second guessing myself. Think I'm gonna give it a try.

But NO screen protector. Never!

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Every time I try to use a device without a screen protector, screen gets scratched within a week. Not sure how I manage to keep doing it. Never drop it break the things so I often go without a case.