Has anyone factory reset their s8/+ yet? I've read some people do that occasionally just as a general maintenance type of thing. I haven't yet, was just curious if anyone else has and what the benefits may be
    05-15-2017 04:28 AM
    Developers factory reset so they have a fresh phone to test an app on. Even then it's not that often. You need only to factory reset if you are having problems that can't be resolved by other means.
    05-15-2017 04:59 AM
    I have made a few changes with email addresses in deleting various email accounts - thinking about maybe factory resetting it for that reason. I have 3 personal email addresses and reduced it down to one then there's my work email as well
    05-15-2017 05:23 AM
    Factory reset is an act of desperation only to be done when all else fails. It is a major inconvenience to set up the device, sign in accounts, install apps, half the time bloody passwords don't work...
    A cache partition wipe freshens up the unit and you still retain all your settings etc... That's my two bob's worth anyway... :-)
    05-15-2017 07:08 AM
    Nope. I never faxxtory reset unless I'm switching phones. It took a hell of a long time to get my phone the way it is and to constantly have to do that would be so annoying. I do cache wipes every so often to clean things up.
    05-15-2017 07:28 AM
    Totally agree with the others here.

Factory Reset is a last resort.

I know some factory reset out of the box to remove any testing at the factory.
    Tim1954 and LineKill like this.
    05-15-2017 09:22 AM
    There are two occasions where I would recommend a factory reset. (1) After a major OS upgrade (Note: This may not be necessary, but is good to do for optimal performance and user experience). (2) An issue or issues have risen where nothing else has worked to rectify the issue(s).

I do recommend wiping the cache partition once or twice a month to help keep the system running at it's bestツ

On a side note, I personally do a factory reset after I get a new phone, but I usually play with it a little while to see all what came installed with it and how everything was setup from the factory before doing so.
    Mikie Kyes likes this.
    05-15-2017 09:47 AM
    Every phone I ever own I Factory reset once in a while. I don't mind setting things back up.
    05-26-2017 02:23 AM
    Developers factory reset so they have a fresh phone to test an app on. Even then it's not that often. You need only to factory reset if you are having problems that can't be resolved by other means.
    This.

If I have to factory reset it I'll put it up for sale.
    05-26-2017 05:14 AM
    Resets only if I am upgrading devices. Never had to do it otherwise.
    05-26-2017 05:59 AM
    I know that OP did just this because of another thread but I think that according to this thread's question in specific, it's better to suggest to do a Wipe Cache Partition once in a while to keep things fresh. The only 3 things I always do to every Android phone I've had and I guess that have helped me to never experience the so called lags and general slowness some people always say about the android phones are:

1-) Frequent reboots - about once a week.
    2-) Clear Apps Cached data (about once a month)
    3-) Wipe cache partition on Recovery Menu (every time I clear Apps Cached data)
    05-26-2017 08:38 AM