DeX is Great; When do we get a Laptop?

Jon44

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I find DeX dock really useful--just gives an extra basic PC at home to make it easier to do things that I might pick up the phone to do.
For travel, I don't know--guess it might be a help if you had some location you visited on a regular basis that you knew had a monitor waiting for you. But of course, for travel, a laptop version would be ideal (icing on the cake would be for it to run Windows).
I remember seeing rumors that the Note 7 would offer that (based on a patent)--anyone know of renewed rumors for the Note 8? (Seems like the next logical step....)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I find DeX dock really useful--just gives an extra basic PC at home to make it easier to do things that I might pick up the phone to do.
For travel, I don't know--guess it might be a help if you had some location you visited on a regular basis that you knew had a monitor waiting for you. But of course, for travel, a laptop version would be ideal (icing on the cake would be for it to run Windows).
I remember seeing rumors that the Note 7 would offer that (based on a patent)--anyone know of renewed rumors for the Note 8? (Seems like the next logical step....)
I saw someone else mention this and I guess I just don't see the point. If you're carrying a phone and a Dex with you anyway and you have to carry the laptop with you....What benefit is there for the phone to be what's powering the laptop?

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would imagine the benefit would be price and size and as the OP said, where can you travel where you know for sure there will be a wireless/BT mouse and keyboard waiting for you?

I think something simple, chromebook style, with built in DEX would be awesome at the right price. Hardly any internals needed so it could be thin and almost all battery - really just a screen/keyboard. USB-C connection would let it be used with future phones too. I'd pay $250 for that in a heartbeat over a cradle that still requires me to buy or swap monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad