Never used a Samsung phone but after dealing with a defective battery issue on my Nexus 6P I'm reading to move on. Luckily Google is refunding me the cost of my phone so I'm looking to get a Galaxy S8+.

Should I wait to two weeks for the unlocked version? Is it better to get the carrier version or the unlocked? I've read about spotty support for the unlocked s7 line.
    05-15-2017 07:57 AM
    Hi @jlevs!

From my personal experience, I have done nothing but struggle with unlocked phones on Verizon. While they work, the signal always seems to be yellow on the battery indicator, and causes less than stellar battery life. I'm pointing to Nexus devices of yesteryear for this. If VZW is your carrier, i'd just purchase the version they offer. Especially since the IMEI/MEID is going to play better with their system. Plus, if you can get a subsidized price its certainly even more worth it!

Best of luck!
    05-15-2017 08:32 AM
    Leave Verizon and move on to a GSM network. Verizon may have good coverage but man do they bloat their phones to high heaven and ruin the experience with just crapware. Move to Att or T-Mobile. They both have unlimited options that are more so unlimited than Verizon could try to be. And in turn by unlocked and have the full potential of the device and your usage. Just saying
    05-15-2017 09:06 AM
    I see nothing wrong with the Verizon apps. They are in a folder there minding their own business. Not bothering me a bit.
    ZayMoney likes this.
    05-15-2017 09:23 AM
    Wish I could switch to T-Mobile but my neighborhood is like the Bermuda Triangle of carrier service (and I'n only 20 miles north of NYC) . I have to use a signal booster in my house already on Verizon. I can't imagine what T-Mobile would be.

Can I disable all the bloatware and hide it from my app drawer?

I'm not too worried about the amount of space it takes up on the phone itself because I can just pop a sim card in. I just don't want to have to look at it.
    05-15-2017 09:25 AM
    Regardless of whatever promises are made, don't expect the unlocked model to get "fast" updates. This is not a Google phone. This is not a BlackBerry phone. For reference: see the whining over the US unlocked S7.

Again - do not buy the unlocked model for faster updates.
    bmhillegass87 likes this.
    05-15-2017 12:08 PM
    Leave Verizon and move on to a GSM network. Verizon may have good coverage but man do they bloat their phones to high heaven and ruin the experience with just crapware. Move to Att or T-Mobile. They both have unlimited options that are more so unlimited than Verizon could try to be. And in turn by unlocked and have the full potential of the device and your usage. Just saying
    att has wayyyyy more bloat. all those direct tv apps such as the direct tv app and stupid remotes you cant uninstall....
    05-15-2017 12:31 PM