How do I change which tabs show? Instead of Resents, Contacts, Places, I'd like Recent, Contacts, Favorites.

And how do I change the order of Favorites that appear in Contacts?

And why does Samsung call it Recents instead of Recent???
    05-15-2017 11:34 AM
    How do I change which tabs show? Instead of Resents, Contacts, Places, I'd like Recent, Contacts, Favorites.

That's too funny I just noticed that except all I have are recents and contacts
    05-15-2017 11:47 AM

I don't think that there is a way of doing what you want with the default dialer, the most you can do is turn off places but that just leaves a placeholder for you to turn it back on.

About having an easier way of accessing your Favorite Contacts, that as far as I can see is what you really want, now that I just check it, it really takes the same amount of time and actions to access them with their own tab than being on the same Contacts Tab. I mean even if they are on a separate Tab you need to press that tab and then you will see your favorite contacts, but the way it is by default you click Contacts and they will appear at the top of your list, making it the same, I can't really see that there could be an advantage of having them on a separate tab.

About the order of them, no, it seems Samsung just uses Alphabetical order without any other option.
    05-15-2017 01:49 PM
    I only have recents and contacts too and iam using a factory unlocked S8! Strange
    05-15-2017 05:33 PM
    Bummer. Is like to customize it like my older Samsung phone's dialer.
    05-15-2017 08:38 PM