06-05-2017 08:55 AM
55 123
tools
    Everyone uses their phones in different environments. I work construction, but I try to take care of my phone. I can tell you without a doubt, if I didn't have some sort of screen protector on any of my phones they would be destroyed. Not everyone is squeaky clean at a desk all day.
    ^ This.

I work in a warehouse so a pretty dusty environment and as I'm always on and off a forklift I prefer to have some protection.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    05-20-2017 02:05 AM
    I've had phones before where I didn't have a screen protector, and my hands were a little dirty, and Bam, scratch. A little dust, dirt or anything, on your skin dragging around on the screen, and before you know it....shiiiit
    crzycrkr likes this.
    05-20-2017 05:52 AM
    I used iq liquid shield on my s8 and that worked awesome with a bunch of different cases. When I exchanged my regular s8 for the s8 plus I had Best buy put on the hd clear zagg just because I wanted something on my phone right away and I've been having really good luck with cases with this as well. I've always preferred glass screen protectors and still do but these films ones r actually pretty good.
    I'm using the liquid IQ as well. It feels great and doesn't interfere with ANY case. It also has a 9H hardness​.
    05-20-2017 06:51 AM
    I baby my phones; never get put in pockets; never face down and always in a case etc...

However after 2 weeks of ownership; I somehow managed a 4-5mm very faint, but nonetheless, scratch on the screen of my S8 Plus

These screens CAN be scratched easily, unfortunately and anyone who says they can't is talking out of their arse... Sorry to be blunt, but there are lots of posts where people have scratched their screen, same with the S7 Edge etc...

This is the main reason that I won't get an Edge phone again, unless they sort out decent screen protectors...
    05-20-2017 09:41 AM
    Last time i used a screen protector was back when i had an iphone 6 lol never had any on my android phones and it was okay yes over time you do get some fine scratches but you only see them when you're looking for them. Never broke a single screen never scatched one to the point i wasen't able to use the phone mostly only very fine scratches and even then it wasen't on every phone i had. Been running without one on my s8 for about a month and still a clean display.
    05-20-2017 09:50 AM
    How about the back glass? It scratches very easily. Dare I see easier than the front and I use microfiber pouches and baby my phones.
    05-22-2017 08:36 PM
    I baby my phones; never get put in pockets; never face down and always in a case etc...

However after 2 weeks of ownership; I somehow managed a 4-5mm very faint, but nonetheless, scratch on the screen of my S8 Plus

These screens CAN be scratched easily, unfortunately and anyone who says they can't is talking out of their arse... Sorry to be blunt, but there are lots of posts where people have scratched their screen, same with the S7 Edge etc...

This is the main reason that I won't get an Edge phone again, unless they sort out decent screen protectors...
    So if you continue put your phone in your pocket, where do you put it?
    05-22-2017 11:16 PM
    My friend has the S8 since release day she has been going naked on the screen and has some fine scratches already and she is very careful with her phones. I have an Olixar glass on my s8+ and it has been working just fine!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-23-2017 07:45 AM
    My friend has the S8 since release day she has been going naked on the screen and has some fine scratches already and she is very careful with her phones. I have an Olixar glass on my s8+ and it has been working just fine!
    Completely naked here since release date as well and no scratches........ yet !?!?

I have a dedicated pocket in my handbag where my phone goes into and nothing but my phone goes inside that pocket.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-23-2017 07:54 AM
    I always have one on my iPhone, the real screen has no scratches because of my screen protectors.

I don't mind not using tempered glass but do the plastic film ones actully work with cases?

If anyone has a set up that's working rn can I see a pic of the case and screen protector on the phone?
    I'm currently using a tempered glass from t-mobile and haven't experienced any issues as of yet. What I like about the glass protector is how easy it is to clean the glass.
    05-23-2017 07:55 AM
    Does BestBuy sell any wet install protectors for the S8+ yet that they'll install?
    05-23-2017 10:26 AM
    I went with a wet install. Didn't have one on my S7edge and after 7 months had a few nice scratches, not sure how I got them but they're there. Figure the wet one will keep scratches off.
    05-23-2017 10:57 AM
    I went the route on my wife's iPhone 7 plus and my iPhone 7 plus and went with a case and no screen protector. I'm very gentle and she is very rough. Before that I always used a screen protector. To date neither device has scratches on the glass. Hopefully it stays that way. On my GS8+ I'm rocking no screen protector. I have no keys or other metal that I put next to the screen.
    05-23-2017 11:06 AM
    So if you continue put your phone in your pocket, where do you put it?
    Sorry?! That makes no sense at all?

I DON'T put my phones in my pocket; ever. They're either in my hand or in the middle of my wallet. Either way; the screens always covered by the front of the case etc
    05-24-2017 03:48 AM
    I am not using a protector just a case I did the same on my S7 and never an issue. I use a turtleback case to Cary my devices.
    05-24-2017 05:51 AM
    Sorry?! That makes no sense at all?

I DON'T put my phones in my pocket; ever. They're either in my hand or in the middle of my wallet. Either way; the screens always covered by the front of the case etc
    Actually my sentence didn't. I didn't know I out continue. It was supposed to say,

If you don't put your phone in your pocket, where do you put it?
    05-24-2017 04:50 PM
    I was just like you, until I was forced to go a few days with my GS7 edge without a screen protector. Edge screens are notoriously difficult to find good protectors for that don't attract dust or peel up at the corners. I was spending way too much money on those things. After those days without a screen protector, I realized my screen was still pristine. Days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and the screen was still perfect. Got my GS8 last Friday, which has Gorilla Glass 5 rather than 4 (the GS7s have this), and all is great so far.

Plus, nothing really beats the feel of a naked screen. It's glorious. Ditch the screen protector and just go with a case. Also, don't carry grains of sand in your pockets, and you're good. Your fingers will thank you.
    05-24-2017 06:00 PM
    I was just like you, until I was forced to go a few days with my GS7 edge without a screen protector. Edge screens are notoriously difficult to find good protectors for that don't attract dust or peel up at the corners. I was spending way too much money on those things. After those days without a screen protector, I realized my screen was still pristine. Days turned into weeks, weeks into months, and the screen was still perfect. Got my GS8 last Friday, which has Gorilla Glass 5 rather than 4 (the GS7s have this), and all is great so far.

Plus, nothing really beats the feel of a naked screen. It's glorious. Ditch the screen protector and just go with a case. Also, don't carry grains of sand in your pockets, and you're good. Your fingers will thank you.
    What do you do with your phone at the beach?
    05-24-2017 06:40 PM
    The "liquid glass" screen protectors. They're permanent. Yes? Ugh.
    06-02-2017 03:14 AM
    You don't need a screen protector with these phones, they do not scratch easily:

You are better off with a good case that has a generous front lip that will give it some protection if it does drop screen side down.

Mine is in and out of pocket many times during the day, I am pretty rough on my phones, use it in the gym, etc. not a single scratch, didn't use a protector with my s7 edge either.
    06-02-2017 06:05 AM
    You don't need a screen protector with these phones, they do not scratch easily:

You are better off with a good case that has a generous front lip that will give it some protection if it does drop screen side down.

Mine is in and out of pocket many times during the day, I am pretty rough on my phones, use it in the gym, etc. not a single scratch, didn't use a protector with my s7 edge either.
    Agreed. Folks will try to scare you. Don't fall for it.
    naturalguy likes this.
    06-02-2017 09:53 AM
    I'm running a Otter Box Defender and PureGear film based screen protector (guilted into purchase from tmobile girl) sheesh lol. The case is amazing but the PureGear is trash. Doesn't stick well at all on the curved edges or the corners. I was going to go Sapphire from Zagg but for $50. They can FRO....
    naturalguy likes this.
    06-02-2017 10:41 AM
    Baby steps.

Get used taking it out of the case for a few minutes and go from there. Try using it at home without it.

If you know you're not the type to drop phones you'll be very happy using it naked. I am!!
    06-02-2017 12:27 PM
    I always have one on my iPhone, the real screen has no scratches because of my screen protectors.

I don't mind not using tempered glass but do the plastic film ones actully work with cases?

If anyone has a set up that's working rn can I see a pic of the case and screen protector on the phone?
    Keep the phone alone in your pocket and you'll be fine. I've not used one in years.
    06-02-2017 12:53 PM
    Buy a "case friendly" screen protector. It'll scratch, but you won't see it unless you view it under bright light or at an angle. Gorilla Glass 4 & 5 will scratch. The rivets in your jeans will one day scratch it, either that or your keys by accident.I want this phone but I'm scared of not using screen protectors-20170531_141714.jpg
    06-02-2017 01:34 PM
55 123