I want this phone but I'm scared of not using screen protectors

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Screen "protectors" are almost 100% superfluous, not to mention ugly AF.

If you drop your phone a Screen Protector will take the hit and crack leaving your glass intact.. I know this becuase my old Note 4 has hit the pavement at least 3 time.... but hay, you gotta do what you gotta do......

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Haven't used a screen protector in the past 4 or 5 years, and all the phones I've used and sold where always mint condition, with no scratches on the screen at all.

Screen protector would be tough with this phone, and if it lifts and dust or dirt gets trapped in between the lifted part and the screen, scratch galore in that area

pred_03

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Everyone uses their phones in different environments. I work construction, but I try to take care of my phone. I can tell you without a doubt, if I didn't have some sort of screen protector on any of my phones they would be destroyed. Not everyone is squeaky clean at a desk all day.

Targatheory

Banned
May 13, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the Skinomi full body cover and it's just fine. I don't notice a difference in screen quality but then again I'm not as obsessed as other tech junkies. Also, no issue with the curved edge. I got perfect placement and stickment to the edges. I dismissed the instructions and basically watched a movie while playing with the phone pushing and rubbing the edges down with my fingers and cloth for like an hour as it dried. That might have something to do with it.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Everyone uses their phones in different environments. I work construction, but I try to take care of my phone. I can tell you without a doubt, if I didn't have some sort of screen protector on any of my phones they would be destroyed. Not everyone is squeaky clean at a desk all day.

^ This.

I work in a warehouse so a pretty dusty environment and as I'm always on and off a forklift I prefer to have some protection.

pred_03

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had phones before where I didn't have a screen protector, and my hands were a little dirty, and Bam, scratch. A little dust, dirt or anything, on your skin dragging around on the screen, and before you know it....shiiiit

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I used iq liquid shield on my s8 and that worked awesome with a bunch of different cases. When I exchanged my regular s8 for the s8 plus I had Best buy put on the hd clear zagg just because I wanted something on my phone right away and I've been having really good luck with cases with this as well. I've always preferred glass screen protectors and still do but these films ones r actually pretty good.

I'm using the liquid IQ as well. It feels great and doesn't interfere with ANY case. It also has a 9H hardness​.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I baby my phones; never get put in pockets; never face down and always in a case etc...

However after 2 weeks of ownership; I somehow managed a 4-5mm very faint, but nonetheless, scratch on the screen of my S8 Plus

These screens CAN be scratched easily, unfortunately and anyone who says they can't is talking out of their arse... Sorry to be blunt, but there are lots of posts where people have scratched their screen, same with the S7 Edge etc...

This is the main reason that I won't get an Edge phone again, unless they sort out decent screen protectors...

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Last time i used a screen protector was back when i had an iphone 6 lol never had any on my android phones and it was okay yes over time you do get some fine scratches but you only see them when you're looking for them. Never broke a single screen never scatched one to the point i wasen't able to use the phone mostly only very fine scratches and even then it wasen't on every phone i had. Been running without one on my s8 for about a month and still a clean display.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
How about the back glass? It scratches very easily. Dare I see easier than the front and I use microfiber pouches and baby my phones.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I baby my phones; never get put in pockets; never face down and always in a case etc...

However after 2 weeks of ownership; I somehow managed a 4-5mm very faint, but nonetheless, scratch on the screen of my S8 Plus

These screens CAN be scratched easily, unfortunately and anyone who says they can't is talking out of their arse... Sorry to be blunt, but there are lots of posts where people have scratched their screen, same with the S7 Edge etc...

This is the main reason that I won't get an Edge phone again, unless they sort out decent screen protectors...
So if you continue put your phone in your pocket, where do you put it?

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
My friend has the S8 since release day she has been going naked on the screen and has some fine scratches already and she is very careful with her phones. I have an Olixar glass on my s8+ and it has been working just fine!

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
My friend has the S8 since release day she has been going naked on the screen and has some fine scratches already and she is very careful with her phones. I have an Olixar glass on my s8+ and it has been working just fine!
Completely naked here since release date as well and no scratches........ yet !?!?

I have a dedicated pocket in my handbag where my phone goes into and nothing but my phone goes inside that pocket.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I always have one on my iPhone, the real screen has no scratches because of my screen protectors.

I don't mind not using tempered glass but do the plastic film ones actully work with cases?

If anyone has a set up that's working rn can I see a pic of the case and screen protector on the phone?
I'm currently using a tempered glass from t-mobile and haven't experienced any issues as of yet. What I like about the glass protector is how easy it is to clean the glass.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I went with a wet install. Didn't have one on my S7edge and after 7 months had a few nice scratches, not sure how I got them but they're there. Figure the wet one will keep scratches off.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I went the route on my wife's iPhone 7 plus and my iPhone 7 plus and went with a case and no screen protector. I'm very gentle and she is very rough. Before that I always used a screen protector. To date neither device has scratches on the glass. Hopefully it stays that way. On my GS8+ I'm rocking no screen protector. I have no keys or other metal that I put next to the screen.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
So if you continue put your phone in your pocket, where do you put it?

Sorry?! That makes no sense at all?

I DON'T put my phones in my pocket; ever. They're either in my hand or in the middle of my wallet. Either way; the screens always covered by the front of the case etc

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am not using a protector just a case I did the same on my S7 and never an issue. I use a turtleback case to Cary my devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34