Samsung S8 - Why can I not see downloaded music from google play in my Sound Picker folder.

A

AC Question

I haven't subscribed to Google Play but have paid and downloaded a song onto my Samsung S8. I can play the song in airplane mode.
However when I try and save the song as my customised ring tone I cannot find the file anywhere in Sound Picker or the phone. Can any one help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you download a song from your Google Play Music app, the music file is for offline use by the Play Music app only. You can't manipulate the file, or have other music apps use it. If you want to use it as a ringtone, go to your Google Play Music library website on your desktop browser and download it there. Then transfer that mp3 file to the phone's Ringtones directory. It should then be available as a ringtone.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I really really dislike this about Google Music. I paid for my music. I don't want a workaround. Because you're still limited to a number of times you can download the files. If you restore or wipe your computer... There's one download wasted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I try to go to google music on my computer and trying to download a song but it wouldn't let me. am I doing something wrong

Are you going to your Google Play Music library, or the Google Play Store? Make sure you're in the former (play.google.com/music/listen).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I really really dislike this about Google Music. I paid for my music. I don't want a workaround. Because you're still limited to a number of times you can download the files. If you restore or wipe your computer... There's one download wasted.

It can be confusing, but if you add the Google Play Music app for Chrome to your Chrome browser, that allows you to download your music an unlimited number of times: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...bi?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog. Read this for more info: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1250232?hl=en

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you get an error message? Does it say you've exceeded your download limit? If so, see my previous post about installing the Google Play Music app for Chrome, which give you unlimited downloads of your music.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you in the app or on your Play Music library website on your desktop browser? You need to be on your desktop browser. Click on the 3 vertical dot menu button to the right of the song name. The menu that comes up should have a Download option.

Challise Burciaga

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Are you in the app or on your Play Music library website on your desktop browser? You need to be on your desktop browser. Click on the 3 vertical dot menu button to the right of the song name. The menu that comes up should have a Download option.

There is no option for download that comes up

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify -- you're on the desktop site, right? Are you trying to download a song you own, or do you subscribe to Google Play Music? If you don't own the song itself, then you can't download it to your computer.