I haven't subscribed to Google Play but have paid and downloaded a song onto my Samsung S8. I can play the song in airplane mode.
    However when I try and save the song as my customised ring tone I cannot find the file anywhere in Sound Picker or the phone. Can any one help?
    05-16-2017 08:39 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you download a song from your Google Play Music app, the music file is for offline use by the Play Music app only. You can't manipulate the file, or have other music apps use it. If you want to use it as a ringtone, go to your Google Play Music library website on your desktop browser and download it there. Then transfer that mp3 file to the phone's Ringtones directory. It should then be available as a ringtone.
    jerseygirl likes this.
    05-16-2017 12:45 PM
    I try to go to google music on my computer and trying to download a song but it wouldn't let me. am I doing something wrong
    05-16-2017 02:59 PM
    I really really dislike this about Google Music. I paid for my music. I don't want a workaround. Because you're still limited to a number of times you can download the files. If you restore or wipe your computer... There's one download wasted.
    05-16-2017 03:17 PM
    I try to go to google music on my computer and trying to download a song but it wouldn't let me. am I doing something wrong
    Are you going to your Google Play Music library, or the Google Play Store? Make sure you're in the former (play.google.com/music/listen).
    05-16-2017 05:22 PM
    I really really dislike this about Google Music. I paid for my music. I don't want a workaround. Because you're still limited to a number of times you can download the files. If you restore or wipe your computer... There's one download wasted.
    It can be confusing, but if you add the Google Play Music app for Chrome to your Chrome browser, that allows you to download your music an unlimited number of times: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...er-info-dialog. Read this for more info: https://support.google.com/googlepla.../1250232?hl=en
    05-16-2017 05:23 PM
    Are you going to your Google Play Music library, or the Google Play Store? Make sure you're in the former (play.google.com/music/listen).

yea won't let me download it
    05-24-2017 02:47 AM
    Do you get an error message? Does it say you've exceeded your download limit? If so, see my previous post about installing the Google Play Music app for Chrome, which give you unlimited downloads of your music.
    05-24-2017 11:17 PM
    it not even allowing me to download the song there no option
    05-25-2017 09:47 PM
    Are you in the app or on your Play Music library website on your desktop browser? You need to be on your desktop browser. Click on the 3 vertical dot menu button to the right of the song name. The menu that comes up should have a Download option.
    05-25-2017 10:50 PM