So I have been trying to figure out why edge lighting on my S8+ for a week or so now. I contacted Samsung support yesterday, one of the things they suggested I do is put the phone into safe mode. I did that at work but there was an issue where the phone seemed to freeze. I was finally able to get it back up and running again and everything seemed fine. Sill no edge lighting on lock or aod screen.

But now I have developed an issue where I cannot download anything from the theme store. When I click on the download button nothing happens. I can put things on my wishlist but cannot add anything. I have tried all the settings in the themes store and what I could find that might fit downloading things under the phone settings and nothing is working.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I really don't want to have to reset the phone but it is getting to the point I think I am going to have to.
    05-16-2017 08:50 PM
    Did you go into settings >Display >Edge Screen. Slide the Edge Lighting toggle to the right
    05-16-2017 08:56 PM
    Did you go into settings >Display >Edge Screen. Slide the Edge Lighting toggle to the right
    I appreciate the help. I have set and reset settings and uninstalled and reinstalled apps. Only thing I haven't done at this point is reset the phone or get a replacement. I am currently on my way to reset the phone, if that doesn't work I am going to get Samsung to replace the phone.
    05-16-2017 08:58 PM
    It's in the edge screen settings
    Have you recently received a large update?
    Do you still have it in safe mode? I don't think you can download apps in safe mode, not sure though.
    05-16-2017 09:00 PM
    You should be able to try, going into recovery and clearing your cache partition. I'm not sure how to do it on this phone, haven't tried it yet. I'm sure you can Google how to enter recovery, and put the model of your phone. If the problem still exist, I would, personally, do a factory reset. Back everything up through smart switch and you'll be fine.
    05-16-2017 09:00 PM
    Yes I know all this, as I said I had done everything possible that I could find on the internet and even contacted Samsung support about it.

Have you recently received a large update?
    Recent is maybe 3-4 days ago and this only started happening today and the only thing I did was put the phone into safe mode.

Do you still have it in safe mode? I don't think you can download apps in safe mode, not sure though.
    I was thinking this but I have since turned off and turned on the phone and restarted it 3 times. If safe mode is still on it is not showing it on screen like when I had it set.

You should be able to try, going into recovery and clearing your cache partition. I'm not sure how to do it on this phone, haven't tried it yet. I'm sure you can Google how to enter recovery, and put the model of your phone. If the problem still exist, I would, personally, do a factory reset. Back everything up through smart switch and you'll be fine.
    Recovery is the bixby and volume up keys then press power. Once phone is on you let go of power then blue screen let go of other buttons. Then it goes into recovery after a few seconds. I am trying it now.
    05-16-2017 09:19 PM
    I cannot even apply themes or wallpapers or anything, even ones I already have downloaded. This is so strange and frustrating. Time to contact Samsung and get a replacement phone, enough being nice.
    05-16-2017 09:30 PM