I am looking at upgrading from the S7 edge to the S8 Plus any thoughts? Is it worth the upgrade?
    05-17-2017 07:24 AM
    Read this, might help. Chances are if your asking this question the upgrade isn't worth it to you. The article didn't touch the battery... I got the S8 plus and I can tell you the battery is way better then the S7 edge. The finger print scanner isn't as bad as some make it out to be. If your left handed and like using the phone one handed, then yes it won't be great, but there are 4 other ways to unlock the phone. The FPS has gesture control, slide your finger down on any screen and it drops the notification bar open, I love that feature.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techno...cid=spartandhp
    05-17-2017 08:15 AM
    I came from a S7 Edge and I upgraded to the S8+ primarily for more internal storage. Everything else is just a bonus.
    05-17-2017 09:04 AM
    I am looking at upgrading from the S7 edge to the S8 Plus any thoughts? Is it worth the upgrade?
    Well, I do like new phones and I upgrade every chance I get. I upgraded after having the 7 Edge for about 8 months. It was still a great phone, beautiful, not a scratch on it. For me, the better battery life has been worth it. And I like the size. Was this upgrade necessary for a long and happy and fulfilled life, no. But fun to have? Well, yeah.
    05-17-2017 10:15 AM
    Also see this

Samsung Galaxy S8+ vs. Galaxy S7 edge: Should you upgrade? https://www.androidcentral.com/samsu...galaxy-s7-edge

Personally i would, the s8 plus makes the s7 edge look outdated and like a whale
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-17-2017 10:37 AM
    Went from Note 7 to S7 edge to S8+. Like the S8 a lot vs the S7E - much much snappier, doesn't get hot, has some features I liked in the Note 7 - gif capture, Iris scanner, etc . Better curve on the edge (no accidental screen touches so far).

Battery for me is a tad better, not a huge difference. But everything else seems better to me. Love the much bigger screen too!
    05-17-2017 11:41 AM
    Hands down worth upgrading to. My S7 edge was slow as all heck, drove me nuts. Upgraded to the S8+ and man what a difference, no more lag (so far) excellent battery life, more storage, slightly better camera, and very cool screen. The screen ratio is not a big deal but the different placement of the finger print sensor took me a while to remember it's on the back and not the front.
    05-17-2017 11:56 AM
    I think jmk32 above hit on one of the key issues, this phone NEVER gets hot regardless of what it's doing. I routinely felt my S7E get hot depending on downloads or a resource intensive game or sometimes even charging. I have yet to feel this get anywhere close to "warm"

I also like the less jarring curved edge. Much more subtle and i like that. The battery life is also amazing compared to the S7E
    05-17-2017 12:17 PM
    This is a much better phone. Subtle changes all over the place, that added up make a big difference
    05-17-2017 12:29 PM
    I moved from the s7 edge to the s8 and for me it is definitely a positive move.

I also like the dimensions of the s8. Feels better in the hand.
    05-17-2017 12:59 PM
    I would say if you need more internal storage a better battery and upgrading so quickly after you just got your S7 isn't a financial burden, then do it. Otherwise why not wait for the Note 8 or S9?

I went from an S6 to the S8. It's a definitely upgrade, but honestly my S6 still rocks and I kept it.
    05-17-2017 02:11 PM
    It all depends on whether the added features and updated features as well as functionality of GS8 justifies in your mind the value of the upgrade.

Is it a quantum leap forward from a GS3 - GS5? No, but there is enough to justify the upgrade even considering the substantial price increase.

From design perspective, you are getting a phablet sized screen on dual curved device that is not much larger than GS7 without the physical on-screen home button and capacitive keys flanking it making the GS7 look dated.

In addition, you can switch the back and open apps buttons. The screen is brighter to the point that, at 30%, I can use my GS8 in the car. Multi-tasking, web browsing, and YouTube videos benefit from the increased screen real estate.

Battery life is better due to more efficient chipset and display. You can also customize settings from a power management perspective not possible in the GS7. While edge panels may not be new to some, the Data Management panel has been useful.

Camera has a new but similarly spec'd sensor of the GS7. FFC has been upgraded from the GS7. Has similar fast charging and data storage speeds as the GS7. Dust and water intrusion has been updated. BT 5.0 allows more distance from paired devices as well as pairing multiple devices to the GS8. Base storage has been increased to 64GB.

I have a GS8 playlist on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006, that has reviews that include comparison to the GS7 as well as tips and tricks to further fine tune your GS8 should you decide to pull the trigger.
    05-17-2017 02:29 PM
    I have the S7 edge and tried both the s8 and s8+. The s8 is the one for me, the plus us too unwieldy.
    05-17-2017 07:05 PM
    I have both s7edge and the s8 plus , the 8 is complete new design, Ui with on screen buttons, Iris scanner ....dont get me wrong I still love my s7edge but Samsung did a really good job with s8 design wise and overall package
    Alan Sims likes this.
    05-17-2017 08:15 PM