05-30-2017 08:44 AM
28 12
tools
    I always chuckle at threads like these. Anytime I see a longtime user of another platform take the plunge to Android, I always know the end result. A failed experiment.

I have had the complete opposite as the OP. My screen rotates properly, Bluetooth has been perfect, my screen is much more visible in direct sunlight than my daughter's Iphone 7, battery life is amazing, video playback is flawless and so on.

I commend people for trying something different, but I would have to ask why the OP bailed on a platform that he/she is completely satisfied. Every time I consider an iPhone purchase, I slap myself back to reality. It's a great platform, but not for me. I would also point out 4 days use does not provide an accurate experience. I'm also not sure what Samsung could do to help, except swap out the phone. What resolution were you seeking?

Edit: I see the OP posted a response while I was typing this post.
    peejay1977 and kevinpleasants like this.
    05-30-2017 08:39 AM
    End of the day, we can try to help, but we can't control someone else's experience. Get the phone that works for you.

For me, the S8 has been a great experience so far. Blazing fast, stunning design and very smooth. But we know quite a few people have gotten defective devices. Sounds like the case here.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-30-2017 08:43 AM
    I always chuckle at threads like these. Anytime I see a longtime user of another platform take the plunge to Android, I always know the end result. A failed experiment.

I have had the complete opposite as the OP. My screen rotates properly, Bluetooth has been perfect, my screen is much more visible in direct sunlight than my daughter's Iphone 7, battery life is amazing, video playback is flawless and so on.

I commend people for trying something different, but I would have to ask why the OP bailed on a platform that he/she is completely satisfied. Every time I consider an iPhone purchase, I slap myself back to reality. It's a great platform, but not for me. I would also point out 4 days use does not provide an accurate experience. I'm also not sure what Samsung could do to help, except swap out the phone. What resolution were you seeking?
    See my last response, it wasn't an experiment. I have been an Android user in the past and still have a faithful Nexus 7 tablet I use very occasionally.

I wanted the phone replaced, they refused and wanted to leave me without a phone for at least a week, possibly more.

4 days was enough for me to be dissatisfied with the particular handset and it probably did mar the overall impact of the phone. I had countless issues with apps not working as I expect, like I tried to go "live" in Facebook and everytime I rotated the phone to use landscape mode the button to start going live disappeared off the screen. I had to quit, close the app and restart to get it to work.

Photoshop app, editing and saving pics (which I do alot) took so long to update and then save the file I gave up using it, albeit in a very short space of time.

Had the phone not been an issue my experience could have been different, but in my opinion Samsung refusing to just replace the phone was unacceptable.

One thing I will say, Apple have a LONG way to go before CarPlay is even slightly as useful as Android Auto.
    05-30-2017 08:44 AM
28 12