05-24-2017 11:14 PM
63 123
tools
    I'm the exact opposite. I have tried to go back to Android multiple times unsuccessfully. There's just too many things in Android that **** me off. Plus I love my Watch, MBP and iPhone all working together. I'm happy.
    7AndTRT likes this.
    05-19-2017 12:01 AM
    you will get the hang of it but you will soon miss how better most apps work in ios.
    7AndTRT likes this.
    05-19-2017 12:25 AM
    you will get the hang of it but you will soon miss how better most apps work in ios.
    This is why I always switch back and forth. Apps work better on iOS. Usually get new features first.
    05-19-2017 12:56 AM
    I'm the exact opposite. I have tried to go back to Android multiple times unsuccessfully. There's just too many things in Android that **** me off. Plus I love my Watch, MBP and iPhone all working together. I'm happy.
    I switch between both and like both for different reasons. But in the end I don't like android tablets or watches. They're so bad it's laughable.

But I love androids customization and that I don't have to do silly work around to get simple things done.

I'll probably go back to iOS for a few weeks since my s8+ is irritating me at the moment. That att update really borked mine and I don't feel like wiping it a second time.
    05-19-2017 12:59 AM
    Switched from iPhone 4S (which I loved by the way) to a Note 3, never looked back. Had the Galaxy S6, now an S8.

It's really hard to explain the difference between IOS and Android to an iPhone user that has never tried Android. My wife has only ever used iPhones and doesn't "get" Android no matter how often I try to explain it or show her on my phones.

The way I think of it is it's kind of like with IOS I can't breath, it's very limited and frustrating. With Android it's like there are so many different ways to do something and it's like I can breath.

Unless Apple changes their perspective of iOS and drastically opens it up, I seriously doubt I'd ever go back.

I'd rather have a cheap, low end Android than a high end iPhone because it's so much easier to work with. There's that much difference between the OS's.
    05-19-2017 01:30 AM
    I switch between both and like both for different reasons. But in the end I don't like android tablets or watches. They're so bad it's laughable.

But I love androids customization and that I don't have to do silly work around to get simple things done.

I'll probably go back to iOS for a few weeks since my s8+ is irritating me at the moment. That att update really borked mine and I don't feel like wiping it a second time.
    I'm similar I have an S8+ and 7+. I too like both for different reasons.

I think I am ultimately an apple person but and do hope that iOS 11 is more interesting.
    05-19-2017 03:07 AM
    I love Apple only for their laptops and iPads. Their phones are just way too boring and limited for my taste. So for phones I prefer Samsung and for laptops I prefer Apple. I don't think I ever will go back to iPhones. I had it once and got bored of it within a month of having it, but I kept it for 2 years. I just like the customization of Android and how you're not forced to have ALL your app icons on your home screen. I've never had any issues with apps or such on android. One of the reasons why I switched is because there was a game that is exclusively only available on android and not on Apple. Not to mention that Samsung has expandable memory whereas Apple never will. That is a major deal breaker for me and why I hate Apple in terms of their internal storage. Sure now they have it available, but I win in this case since my phone has 64gb internal and I have a 256gb memory card. So I have the most storage available for my photos and music than iPhone lol overall, it all depends on the preference of the user, but I will always go with Samsung when it comes to phones. Apple hasn't been doing anything special enough for me to even want to switch back. They're way too boring with their phones.
    05-19-2017 07:46 AM
    iOS gets boring and with the latest Android OS customizing your device is easy and fun there is no limit don't miss iOS at all. Of course I still have my iPad and Mac.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-19-2017 08:51 AM
    The only thing is with iPhone you get updates immediately so if IOS11 brings interesting new features I know I'll get them on my 7+ straight away.

In contrast the S8+ is already stuck on N v7.0 so is already few updates behind, unless you have a google handset you need to accept that on a new phone you are likely to only have the latest version (or close to) version on Android for a very short period.
    05-19-2017 10:19 AM
    There are some really great articles here​ on AC that can help with suggestions on apps to use that are similar to the iOS experience. Once you get down the feel of Android and basics, look into Nova launcher and you can always download an iOS icon pack to give you that familiar look as well. Like everyone one has said Gboard is a must.

http://m.androidcentral.com/switchin...-you-need-know
    05-19-2017 10:56 AM
    Stay with your iPhone. It was designed for people who struggle with relatively simple technology.

No offence intended.
    pinkivy98 likes this.
    05-19-2017 11:14 AM
    I haven't and probably never will
    05-19-2017 11:19 AM
    No never. Did you ever get past moving into a new house? Things aren't in the same place etc..... No, you just never get over it. Ever. You're forever saying hey siri etc. Really?
    05-19-2017 01:28 PM
    It's funny to read these types of threads , not criticizing, in fact a year ago my father bought an S7 coming from an iPhone 6 because he read such great things about it, the entire time he was like I don't get it, it's so different how do open my apps.

I was like, it's the same as your iPhone , click the icon to open the app just like you normally would.

His response - this is to complicated, I'm going to return the phone I like how my iPhone works hahaha.

In the end they are basically the same thing, do the same tasks, work the same , things are just organised different.
    05-19-2017 02:59 PM
    I've used iPhones for the past 7 years up until the iPhone 6 Plus.

The launch of the iPhone 7 prompted me to look at other options.

I initially bought the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and used that for 8 months and must say it was a learning curve.

I now own the s8 and haven't looked back to iPhones.
    05-19-2017 03:14 PM
    Iphones are just to limited I do have an 7 plus so I am not an iPhone hatter but to me iPhone just seems slow compared to Android hell by the time iphones get qhd screens androids will have 6k screens that show slow Apple is, when Apple comes out with qhd screens, wireless charging and micro SD and different design I go back.
    05-19-2017 03:24 PM
    The only thing is with iPhone you get updates immediately so if IOS11 brings interesting new features I know I'll get them on my 7+ straight away.

I contrast the S8+ is already stuck on N v7.0 so is already few updates behind, unless you have a google handset you need to accept that on a new phone you are likely to only haver the latest version (or close to) version on Android for a very short period.
    iphones get quick updates because they're made by apple and only by them android on the other hand has diversity and not only 1 companie doing android phones pixels/nexus phones are the only ones getting quick updates as they have stock android other manufacturers take the update and do a bunch of things before sending that update to your carrier before they do their stuff and THEN push it to your phone.
    kevinpleasants and pinkivy98 like this.
    05-19-2017 03:43 PM
    I did, after using iphones since 2007. Not looking back.
    05-19-2017 03:56 PM
    iphone is overrated.
    05-19-2017 05:21 PM
    This is why I always switch back and forth. Apps work better on iOS. Usually get new features first.
    I've never understood this comment. All the apps I use on Android and iOS both function the same.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-19-2017 05:25 PM
    I've never understood this comment. All the apps I use on Android and iOS both function the same.

people stick to pre-conceived notions.

that might have been the case back in gingerbread but that era is long gone.
    05-19-2017 05:31 PM
    I'm similar I have an S8+ and 7+. I too like both for different reasons.

I think I am ultimately an apple person but and do hope that iOS 11 is more interesting.
    I think ultimately I am too. I like my android phones but there isn't a good tablet, watch or tv experience to be had. Those other products are still super under cooked.
    05-19-2017 07:33 PM

Every day apps work better. Getting in and out of them is faster. With android there is still lag or they get the new features later than android unless you're in the beta channel.
    05-19-2017 07:34 PM
    Every day apps work better. Getting in and out of them is faster. With android there is still lag or they get the new features later than android unless you're in the beta channel.
    I definitely don't see that. They all function the same.
    05-19-2017 07:43 PM
    I definitely don't see that. They all function the same.
    Launch them side by side dude. Trust me, it's there. I'm not here to rip on either platform or praise them. Just saying what I see.

Some apps are definitely better on Android, like one password. But some of google's own apps work better on ios. More fluid and fast. Just my .02 from what i've seen in my day to day.
    05-19-2017 07:47 PM
63 123