05-24-2017 11:14 PM
63 123
tools
    Launch them side by side dude. Trust me, it's there. I'm not here to rip on either platform or praise them. Just saying what I see.

Some apps are definitely better on Android, like one password. But some of google's own apps work better on ios. More fluid and fast. Just my .02 from what i've seen in my day to day.
    That doesn't sound like day to day use putting side by side to time it lol. I'm saying in actual day to day use .. the phone functions the same with the same app. One doesn't just run amazing and the other crap.
    05-19-2017 07:55 PM
    You'll get used to it. Then you'll hate using an iPhone. It's so difficult to get things done quickly on the iPhone. I have one and sometimes switch over to it. But it doesn't last long.
    Not always. I've owned far more Androids for longer periods of time than iPhone, but I always return to iPhone as I find it more efficient and reliable. The last Samsung was my S7 that randomly wiped out my appointments and I missed a doctors appointment because of it. I've been back on iOS ever since.

The S8 is beautiful, but I'm not willing to change back again after so many previous frustrations.
    05-19-2017 08:08 PM
    Not always. I've owned far more Androids for longer periods of time than iPhone, but I always return to iPhone as I find it more efficient and reliable. The last Samsung was my S7 that randomly wiped out my appointments and I missed a doctors appointment because of it. I've been back on iOS ever since.

The S8 is beautiful, but I'm not willing to change back again after so many previous frustrations.
    You're an iPhone guy. I'm the same way, but in reverse. I'll try an iPhone and get frustrated within a month or so when I can't change something within the platform that I find dumb. I'm stuck with whatever set up Apple decides to give me.

I'm done trying. It's just not for me.
    05-19-2017 08:14 PM
    You're an iPhone guy. I'm the same way, but in reverse. I'll try an iPhone and get frustrated within a month or so when I can't change something within the platform that I find dumb. I'm stuck with whatever set up Apple decides to give me.

i left iphone and their silly inflexible ecosystem when i moved abroad and realised i had to re-purchase every single app and content from the app store again because said content was tied up to my previous region.

so i called the apple rep and he suggested i kept my previous region except i couldnt add a credit card from my new country to it, so it was a ridiculous notion. so i asked why can i purchase content from all over the world with google and keep it in my account regardless of the currency and place i buy it from? the answer: "...".

ditched my iphone 4S then and there and got the HTC M7 and lever looked back.
    05-19-2017 08:29 PM

double post
    05-19-2017 08:30 PM
    I definitely don't see that. They all function the same.
    I disagree. I have noticed quality differences as recently as the S7.
    05-19-2017 09:14 PM
    I disagree. I have noticed quality differences as recently as the S7.
    And that's fine.. we may not use the same apps. What I use though.. same on iOS as it is for Android.
    05-19-2017 09:14 PM

A good friend of mine had is iPhone start wiping contacts, reminders and calenders for absolutely no reason. **** happens on both platforms.

I have had far more iPhones replaced to due to defects than Android phones. 3 iPhone 5, 2 iPhone 5s, 1 replacement for iPhone 6. Only ever bought one note 5, one HTC 10, one honor 8, one Galaxy s6 edge, one axon 7, one mate 9, one LG v20, and my s8+ is flawless. Most everyone i know with iPhone has had to have something fixed with it or replaced due to manufacturer defect.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-21-2017 10:07 PM

This 1000X
    05-21-2017 10:37 PM
    Launch them side by side dude. Trust me, it's there. I'm not here to rip on either platform or praise them. Just saying what I see.

Some apps are definitely better on Android, like one password. But some of google's own apps work better on ios. More fluid and fast. Just my .02 from what i've seen in my day to day.
    I'll agree with you to a point, but go try those same Google apps on a Pixel instead of an S8 and you'll see no difference between the Android and iOS versions. The Pixel's performance is just as fluid as iOS.
    05-22-2017 06:04 AM
    I have a iphone 7+ and S8+ and Pixel XL. I think I have had every iphone ever made at some point. I usually get 14 or more phones a year....it's my hobby....i know I have a problem! :-)
    So i have a pretty good comparison between Android and IOS. While IOS is very easy and simple to use...it is also very restrictive. Simple things like icon placement just baffle me....why can't i place my icons where I want them on IOS? How hard could that be? No true widgets on IOS and no way to place them where they would be most useful like on my home screen where I spend most of my time.
    Then 3D Touch adds a level of complexity that is simply not needed. I mean sometimes it produces good results with something useful. Sometime noting....Like their own music app......all i get is options for a beats playlist that doesn't exist because I don't use beats.

I like both operating systems but there is just so much more you can do on Android than IOS.
    So much more customization and useful feature people can add to make using a phone more enjoyable.

I also find them BOTH to just as reliable as the other as far as crashes go. It's just software and sometimes things go wrong.
    Anastayja1 likes this.
    05-22-2017 07:48 AM
    I have gone back and forth a couple of times, just abandoning my personal iPhone for the Galaxy S8 and so far I love the phone. Some things take time getting used to, like even though they have notifications on the screen now, still not quite like Apple where I can read who it is from w/o opening (I always turn off preview)...I liked the Text Messages (iMessage) app better - it uses the contact information for custom text alerts. No matter what app I have used, I find that I still have to set it in the messaging app and if I delete a conversation, I have to set the notification again. That one is a thumbs down for me still.. but I have adapted.

For pro's... so MUCH EASIER to do custom ringtones and text tones, I love custom tones.....

My S8 screen is incredible, I love it... just left iPhone 6.

I am only slightly re-adjusting as my work phone was a Galaxy S5 (which I also once used as personal phone).

Some apps better on one platform or another, but nothing major most of the time.

I think what got me the most when I went back from S5 to iPhone 6 was no wow factor. It was just like the 4S I left behind...even the S8 wowed me out of the box.....

I still use an iPad, but I don't really have any issues going back and forth.
    05-22-2017 06:53 PM
    This isn't very helpful advice but, in any event, avoid the S8 guides sold on Amazon / Kindle. They're all crap.
    05-24-2017 11:14 PM
63 123