When trying to open videos with my S8+ through whatsapp the video app hangs up. No matter which app VLC or another. Just happens with videos. Any idea of how to solve it?

Thank you!
    05-18-2017 11:48 AM
    Does that only happen with Whatsapp videos or does it happen if you try to open a video from the Gallery? What about videos taken with your phone?
    05-18-2017 11:55 AM
    Just the whatsapp. The same video opened from gallery it shows ok.

Thank you
    05-18-2017 12:05 PM
    Try clearing the app's cache and re-setting the video player preferences. Not sure why it happens, I just tried one on mine directly from a Whatsapp message and I have no issues both from the message and from the Gallery (still hate that Whatsapp saves pictures and videos to your device when you open them, unlike Messenger). I'm using the stock video player app.
    05-18-2017 12:08 PM
    No luck after doing this. I also tried to uninstall an reinstall, changing video app, but still happens.

Anyway thank you for your support.
    05-18-2017 01:59 PM
    No luck after doing this. I also tried to uninstall an reinstall, changing video app, but still happens.

Anyway thank you for your support.
    Try not just clearing cache but to clear data (equivalent to uninstall and reinstall) but be sure to have a good Whatsapp Chats backup, better on Google Drive (just go to Chat Settings-backup) so when you open the app again it will ask you to enter your Phone number again, after that it will look for the Google Drive backup and restore from there, you shouldn't lose anything that way and MAYBE you can fix your weird issue.
    05-18-2017 02:25 PM
    Shoot i thought it was just me. I have the same problems. Usually need to force close the video app and then it would work again. Very annoying
    05-18-2017 02:32 PM
    I think I just made a workaround. I just install the Samsung video app from the store. I made it default video app and now everything works. Weird it I think there is a bug somewhere with this video issue.
    05-18-2017 02:41 PM
    I think I just made a workaround. I just install the Samsung video app from the store. I made it default video app and now everything works. Weird it I think there is a bug somewhere with this video issue.
    Ohh well, I have the Samsung video app since the first day so maybe that's why I haven't seen that problem on mine.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-18-2017 02:47 PM
    Ohh well, I have the Samsung video app since the first day so maybe that's why I haven't seen that problem on mine.
    My case as well. But if it's a bug, it's a Whatsapp one (since it doesn't happen on any other apps), so make sure to report it to them so they can fix it!
    05-18-2017 04:55 PM
    My case as well. But if it's a bug, it's a Whatsapp one (since it doesn't happen on any other apps), so make sure to report it to them so they can fix it!
    05-18-2017 04:55 PM