What insurance did you choose?

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As I'm down to the last couple days to decide on what insurance to choose. I've narrowed it down to Samsung premium care or squaretrade. Samsungs is twice as much but I like the idea of getting a phone the next day. I've haven't gotten insurance on my last couple of phones but I feel this phone is a little to pricey and fragile to go with out. I've actually been lucky and never broke a phone before but as I get older I seem to get clumsier. I probably will only use this phone till the note 8 comes out. What I'm most curious about is feedback on claims with squaretrade on phones. I've used them before but not with a phone. I see quite a few negative reviews online. So have you ever had to make a claim with squaretrade on a phone and how did it go?

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm jumping as soon as the note 8 gets officially revealed.

THAT'S A PROMISE!

and I've only used insurance twice. And that's going back 14 years with Sprint (ugh) and 4 with T-Mobile.

Now I have warrantied my phone with T-Mobile 5 or 6 times but each time it only cost me 5 bucks.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I self-insure. Each month, instead of paying an insurance premium, I set aside $10 in case I ever break a phone (hasn't happened yet). I've been doing that for seven years, so I've now saved $840 that I would otherwise have given away to an insurance company.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Verizon loss or damage replace for $7.15 a month and $149 deductible.

I cracked my ip7 screen almost right after the deadline for me to buy applecare+. So i am not messing around this time.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Is that $149 deductible for either S8?
Yes

Actually I guess I don't know for sure as I have the s8 and didn't inquire about the s8+
5b8fdb336684e97f8c68ac53a2af84ff.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I went with the best buy one for 11.99 a month. I normally just keep asurion through att. I probably should have just kept that. Getting my phone through best buy was an experience that I probably won't do again.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'll toss this out again incase anyone is interested in Square Trade promo code Phone20 if it still works $20 off

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Went with Samsung's complete care, 11.99 a moth $99 deductible. I hate carrier insurance especially since they have the highest deductibles.
The deductible only matters if you break or lose it. I usually do pretty well with my phones but I did crack my ip7 after a couple months. So i am a little nervous not having some kind of protection on my galaxy s8.

I was crunching the numbers between your plan and mine. Your Samsung insurance might have a little more benefits, like phone support etc, but mine has loss and breakage protection. My deductible is higher but I pay less each month. If you and I both paid the deductible 1 time for a replacement or repair , after a year I would pay a total of $234ish, while you would pay $243ish. Just wanted to throw that out there. Either way we are covered.