How to change ip address on Samasung s8

A

AC Question

Hi,
I want to change my ip address for a static address but can't find where to do this on the phone. Anyone know where to find the wifi ip address?
Thanks

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I think that the only way you can do that is just to delete (Forget) your actual wifi connection then on your Wifi settings hit the Add Wi-Fi Network option and it will ask you to enter your Network name manually, then just select "Show Advanced options" and it will ask you if your IP settings are DHCP or Static, when you select Static it will allow you to enter all the IP connections settings.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
IP addresses on your home network are determined by your wireless router, your S8 then just uses whichever IP address that gets assigned to it. There is a setting in your phone in an advanced options menu to set a static IP but it's really important to note that this is NOT a recommended way -- if that same IP address gets reassigned to another device (another mobile device, a computer, a laptop, whatever) at some point when you're not home, when you return and your phone tries to connect itself to your WiFi there's going to be conflict. Two devices with the same IP address will create a problem. It's much better to go into the set up menu of your router and set aside an IP address for your S8, that way that IP address won't ever be used for anything else except your S8. Either turn off DHCP and manually assign any devices on your home network their own IP address, or leave DHCP enabled and give your S8 a 'reserved' IP address (probably what you want, where your S8 still gets its own IP address and any other devices will still get automatically assigned IP addresses).