One of your programs is overloading the system

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I got this message the other day on my phone. Stated one of my programs Samsung + was overloading the system-it s
Asked if I wanted to shut it down and so I did. Only time I've seen that message. I think I'll go into the app and check the settings for it

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I got this message the other day on my phone. Stated one of my programs Samsung + was overloading the system-it s
Asked if I wanted to shut it down and so I did. Only time I've seen that message. I think I'll go into the app and check the settings for it
I get that message everytime I use Google music. It's from device maintenance.

I thought about disabling device maintenance, just haven't researched how important it is.

1fe3cb845dcf1f1c62355a937fc2978c.jpg

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've gotten that at least three times since I've had the phone. Not sure if that's a real thing or not. Never saw that message with any other phone. With the specs this phone has this shouldn't even be a real thing. I'm thinking it's a message/bug from the app that is Device Manager. Makes me wonder about possibly turning it off as well, but then we won't have the option to use battery savings if we want.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an S8, but in the course of helping another user about this, I had to research what Device Manager did. Some of it is counter productive to what Android already does.

possibly turning it off as well, but then we won't have the option to use battery savings if we want.
This....doesn't sit well with me. Battery saving options should be independent of this 'feature'.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't have an S8, but in the course of helping another user about this, I had to research what Device Manager did. Some of it is counter productive to what Android already does.

This....doesn't sit well with me. Battery saving options should be independent of this 'feature'.

I definitely agree. It seems Samsung simply installed this app instead of building in their normal battery saving features like they usually do. I don't like this change.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It's a Samsung on Nougat thing. I started getting this message on my S7 Edge after the Nougat update.

Ok good to know. Does anyone actually know what it means? Again, with the impressive spec sheet on this thing NOTHING should be causing a problem for it.

I got this message a few times after the phone was just sitting there, no games running, nothing. Very strange.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I bet the Pixel 2 won't show this. Google trying to scare off s8 buyers as they can't do the exploding battery scare again!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have used Google music a few times after my first 2 or 3 messages and have not gotten it again. My brother hasn't either, so I don't know maybe Google fixed it in an update.

Is there anyone that's getting it recently after a Google music update? Just curious why it was there religiously and all of a sudden gone, or maybe I can expect the messages again, they are just resting now.