Do not drop the samsung s8

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Unless they have a job to pay for it themselves my kids will never have a top end premium phone unless it's my 2 year old hand me down.

Mostly agree. But since both of my daughters are National Honor Society members, with GPAs in excess of 4.0 (from getting honors class credits in math, physics, chemistry and Spanish) I count that as nearly as good as paying for it themselves. It's a perk for performance.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I understand your frustration and anger towards what happened, but honestly, that's what happens when you drop glass. There is no glass in this world that doesn't break when it falls, one way or another. Mayne I'm used to having a glass phone because I've had the S7 Edge for a little over a year before I upgraded to the S8+, but I have always been very careful with my phone and where I place it when not in use. You cannot get mad at the manufacturer since everybody and their mother complained about the plastic cheap feel of their previous flagship phones and they decided to take that input and make it better. You can't go around having your phone caseless and not expect the risk of dropping. It's just what happens. I really am sorry it happened. I would have been devastated, but it would have been my fault for breaking the phone, not Samsung.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Mostly agree. But since both of my daughters are National Honor Society members, with GPAs in excess of 4.0 (from getting honors class credits in math, physics, chemistry and Spanish) I count that as nearly as good as paying for it themselves. It's a perk for performance.
Well great bragging, I could do the same, so I will. In addition to what your kids have, mine also learn to pay for their toys, cars, gas, insurance, what a job is, and you have to work for what you want.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Well great bragging, I could do the same, so I will. In addition to what your kids have, mine also learn to pay for their toys, cars, gas, insurance, what a job is, and you have to work for what you want.

Did I mention that mine are doing all this from the moon-base they built?

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
This thread needs a title change.

"Do not drop your phone."

Every phone can break if dropped. Some more easily than others. But consider it's a $700-800 device. Take care of it. They're is absolutely no expectation that any phone should be able to withstand a drop unless it is actually designed to do so.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
it has gorilla glass 5 yes but being curved compromises it and makes it more vulnerable to falls i've seen videos of people dropping it without too much damage but ofc it's an all glass phone it's not made to be dropped lmao. Also i should add gorilla glass is not shatter proof nor scratch proof they're more resistant compared to oh idk something like an iphone screen, but ultimately any all glass phone is more prone to breaking specially with curves.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Crap happens... doesn't necessarily involve recklessness.
No one spoke of recklessness. Carelessness is less severe than recklessness. I've never dropped a phone unless I was being careless. Have you? If so, how? Talking about the details of specific accidents is something we can usefully learn from.

MissMischief

May 23, 2017
Visit site
As an owner of an s8+, I actually kind of have no pity for you. I don't mean to be a **** but they made several reviews of what would happen if it were dropped onto its back. These were made weeks before the phone's actual launch.

The phone with tax (CAD) is $1250 (for the plus), and the back is made out of the same gorilla glass as the ****ty older always broken models, this was not a surprising result.

That being said, ouch dude.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't feel remorse. If my provider didn't have a case, I wouldn't use it until I got one or I would go elsewhere.
It's not Samsung's fault. I wouldn't use my 600 to 800 device without spending 40 for a case to protect it before I used it. Just my opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781