06-21-2017 06:59 PM
187 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Bought the Samsung S8 and unfortunately dropped it the first day and it shattered like glass. I cannot believe Samsung is doing this to us. The screen is gorilla glass which is great then they have the nerve to charge 600-800+ for a phone made of something so fragile. Where I bought it they did not have a case for it. I say buy a case first then the phone.
    You can't believe Samsung is doing this to you? You dropping your phone? Shame on Samsung! Some nerve they have.
    05-24-2017 01:37 PM
    Bought the Samsung S8 and unfortunately dropped it the first day and it shattered like glass. I cannot believe Samsung is doing this to us. The screen is gorilla glass which is great then they have the nerve to charge 600-800+ for a phone made of something so fragile. Where I bought it they did not have a case for it. I say buy a case first then the phone.
    So, you bought an $800 piece of glass, put no case on it, and then it broke when you dropped it? Um, what did you think would happen?
    crzycrkr and johnriii like this.
    05-24-2017 02:21 PM
    That's what we get. Most of "us" want wireless charging and a nice looking phone. The days of removable batteries are long gone. Samsung will profit from repairs and phone replacements. That's how it is. Glad I went back to my V20 with a military grade spec! If you like the S8, wait for S8 Active.
    nj1266 likes this.
    05-24-2017 03:44 PM
    So, you bought an $800 piece of glass, put no case on it, and then it broke when you dropped it? Um, what did you think would happen?
    Glass is fragile but beautiful. Not for active people who run around all day and go outdoors. I prefer the Active series, although ugly, much more practical.
    dlalonde, jacker and recDNA like this.
    05-24-2017 03:46 PM
    Scary!!!
    05-24-2017 10:03 PM
    How exactly is it Samsungs fault that you don't take care of your phone? If I drop nd break my phone I blame myself not the manufacturer. I dropped it not them. I've had my S8 since before it's release I've dropped it a time or two nearly died of a heart attack but picked it up with zero damage it's now in a case but again it's not Samsungs fault if I drop itm
    05-25-2017 05:56 PM
    Someone should make a phone like these but shatter proof. The biggest problem people face is cases and shields. If the phone did not break when dropped there would be no need for a case just a screen protector for scratches. Bur what evewr happened to those phones that could drop and not break? Could you imagine how many more they would sell if these were not only water proof but shatter proof?
    05-25-2017 07:12 PM
    Put a case on it or get an S Active or Moto Z Force.
    Scott337 likes this.
    05-25-2017 10:00 PM
    Amazing... "I can't believe I bought a phone, that I knew in advance was Glass on the front and back, yet I can't even drop it down 2 flights of concrete stairs without it breaking" .....
    it's a classic case of being careless with an $800 double sided glass phone.
    I never use cases on my phones, but I don't drop them. I hold on to them like they are an $800 piece of GLASS.....

Do you drop your Laptop too? I don't.
    I hold on it like it was a $2000 laptop. Amazing how that works out so well for my electronics...
    05-26-2017 02:04 AM
    It shattered like glass!!! That would be because it IS glass!!
    05-26-2017 04:05 AM
    Bummer, I feel your pain. I also would have to say that Samsung is not the 1st or only brand that has glass panel phones. I always use a case because I know Dreaded Murphy is always waiting.....

Cheers,
    BR
    05-26-2017 08:56 AM
    I say buy a case first then the phone.
    Sounds like you know what the problem was there.
    05-26-2017 01:01 PM
    Scare tactics worked!!! Just ordered a Rhinoshield for my S8. Gives it a fighting chance but still retains that nice feel.
    05-26-2017 01:47 PM
    Scare tactics worked!!! Just ordered a Rhinoshield for my S8. Gives it a fighting chance but still retains that nice feel.
    Just received mine today. I find some comfort in the drop test for that case on YouTube. It actually is a very nice feeling bumper case, very minimal.
    bandofbrothers2112 likes this.
    05-27-2017 07:36 PM
    Phones were not made to be dropped.
    People didn't like The Samsung S5 when it had a plastic case and you could change the battery.
    it was not nice enough.
    So the glass back phones are what you wind up with.

And if you don't put them in a case from Day one.
    This is something that can happen.

Learn to Grip your phones when they are in your hand.
    And watch what kind of case you buy. Or when you lay them on something , they will slide off in the floor.
    kevinpleasants and cass_m like this.
    05-28-2017 07:45 AM
    I have a Lenovo P2 after downgrading from a Oneplus 3 and I couldn't be happier. Besides the poor cameras, this thing does it all.

Galaxy phones are status symbols and are completely impractical and have poor battery life and of course ludicrous prices. A mid range phone that has all the essential tech is a much better investment and less of an issue if it breaks.

With my P2 from a full charge, I can stream a 90 minute movie to Chromecast and I'll only lose 6% of my 5100mAh battery. I can then actually leave all the tech on on my phone and still use NFC and use S Health and Sleep as Android without having to charge for 2 and half days. On moderate to heavy usage I get 2 days easy and light gaming drains less than 7% an hour. If I barely touch my P2 from full charge I'll get 5+ days and that's without using the mega battery saver button on the side.

It's all about how it looks. A smartphone should be smart, not a 10 hour battery life one that has to become a dumbphone to achieve all day battery. The S8 has tons of issues beyond it being susceptible to breakage and until people realise that a balanced, durable phone is better than a showy, overpowered and overpriced gimmick, then the smarter that smartphone market will become.

Sadly lots of all glass phones break.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-28-2017 08:25 AM
    Goodness! All my home windows are made of glass, too!
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-28-2017 11:33 PM
    Glass phones are a dumb idea. Wireless charging be damned. Now I hear Apple is going to do the glass phones. See how that goes.
    Then DON'T buy one. Simple.
    TheSuperiorBee likes this.
    05-28-2017 11:39 PM
    Glass may or may not be a dumb idea, but the fact is, this is the popular build for phones right now. So, if you buy one, don't drop it.

It's like carrying a baby. Sure accidents happen, but when you're carrying something vulnerable, accidents simply can't happen...or else.
    It's nothing like carrying a baby. Babies puke, crap, fart and belch. Never had a phone that did.
    05-28-2017 11:41 PM
    This is exactly why I will NEVER buy a phone with curved edges like the Samsung(s). They are just too fragile and the edges are useless. What is the point of having curved glass and on the back also when you have to cover it it in thick rubber??? Samsung...are you listening???? Time for all OEM's to get back to practical basics and build these things better. Of course those who make the cases like it that these expensive toys are so fragile...keeps them in business.
    What is the point of ANYTHING that you have to cover in thick rubber?
    TheSuperiorBee likes this.
    05-28-2017 11:44 PM
    Worst phone ever made in terms of durability, the iphone 4
    Disagree. My son's still using my iPhone 4 with Element case. Not a mark on it.
    05-28-2017 11:48 PM
    Qc_Anubis is a glass expert?
    05-28-2017 11:52 PM
    GS6, GS6edge, GS6edge+, GS7, GS7edge, (Note7) ........we're still discussing the virtues (or non virtues) of a glass back? Glass backs are here to stay nor will the battery ever be removable again. It's time to accept it. lol
    crzycrkr likes this.
    05-29-2017 12:07 AM
    It's nothing like carrying a baby. Babies puke, crap, fart and belch. Never had a phone that did.
    I beg to differ. I can download an app that does all of that. 💩😂
    kevinpleasants and cass_m like this.
    05-29-2017 12:13 AM
    Just received mine today. I find some comfort in the drop test for that case on YouTube. It actually is a very nice feeling bumper case, very minimal.
    I've had the Rhinoshield on for a couple of weeks now and have had no issues. Thankfully 'touch wood' I've not had to test out it's drop test claims.

It's not just the aesthetic impact damage that concerns but what happens inside. Although I submit it's all pretty tightly packed in there
    05-29-2017 01:13 AM
187 ... 34567 ...