Do not drop the samsung s8

jfreeusa

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Bought the Samsung S8 and unfortunately dropped it the first day and it shattered like glass. I cannot believe Samsung is doing this to us. The screen is gorilla glass which is great then they have the nerve to charge 600-800+ for a phone made of something so fragile. Where I bought it they did not have a case for it. I say buy a case first then the phone.

Attachments

• GalaxyS8.bottom.left.corner.jpg
    GalaxyS8.bottom.left.corner.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 477
  • GalaxyS8.bottom.right.corner.jpg
    GalaxyS8.bottom.right.corner.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 477
  • GalaxyS8.top.left.corner.jpg
    GalaxyS8.top.left.corner.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 478
  • GalaxyS8.top.right.corner.jpg
    GalaxyS8.top.right.corner.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 475

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
While I do feel terrible for you.... Samsung isn't doing anything to us.

Being careful of your fragile yet expensive electronic item isn't new.

That would go for phones, tablets and laptop's.

Sorry....

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Those pictures made me wince. :(

Although there are thousands of cases available online I also find many available in Highstreet Stores and flea markets.

I bought a cheap tpu clear case until my RhinoShield Bumper came through.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
As a father to two teen-aged daughters that are in possession of Samsung Galaxy S8 phones, this is something I expect, but hope against, every day when I come home from work.

Short of equipping their phones with M1 Abrams cases - which are remarkably unpopular with that demographic - it's just something you live with if you've made this choice.

(And, for clarity's sake, by "you've made this choice", I do mean having two teen-aged daughters.)

Last edited:

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
"it shattered like glass"

Of course it did, it's an all glass phone. Even in a case you have to treat it like a baby and you pray you don't drop it. I traded in my s8 Plus after the 1st few weeks and as much as I liked the phone I don't miss the anxiety of dropping it and doing what you did

Please tell me you've at least got insurance on it?

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Those pictures made me wince. :(

Although there are thousands of cases available online I also find many available in Highstreet Stores and flea markets.

I bought a cheap tpu clear case until my RhinoShield Bumper came through.
How is the rhino shield bumper working. I have a hard time believing the protection they say it offers. Do you have pictures of it on your phone?

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Did this happen with the s7 and s6 and iphones? where the first 3 weeks were filled with post of people who drop the phone days..hours after getting it and complaining why they sold them such a fragile phone?

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
View attachment 260553View attachment 260552View attachment 260553
How is the rhino shield bumper working. I have a hard time believing the protection they say it offers. Do you have pictures of it on your phone?

It fits really well on my s8.

It's thin and light thus does not add much to its dimensions.

The extreme drop tests I've seen on YouTube which some are over the claimed 11 feet are comforting but I hope I never have to put it to the test myself ;)

It works well with my dbrand Black Dragon back skin and Official Samsung film type screen protector.

I have read some with s8+ say the sides are loose but I've seen a YouTube review from TechZilla saying it fits fine.

I'll add some pictures in a few minutes.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It fits really well on my s8.

It's thin and light thus does not add much to its dimensions.

The extreme drop tests I've seen on YouTube which some are over the claimed 11 feet are comforting but I hope I never have to put it to the test myself ;)

It works well with my dbrand Black Dragon back skin and Official Samsung film type screen protector.

I have read some with s8+ say the sides are loose but I've seen a YouTube review from TechZilla saying it fits fine.

I'll add some pictures in a few minutes.
OK. Thanks. I'll check YouTube, there weren't any YouTube videos on the S8 series when I last looked. I would like them to test the edge series in their drop tests, they have only done the flat screen tests, which I'm sure will test different then the edge screens.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 cases for my s8 plus-- unicorn beetle and a caseology clear case that has a reinforced black bumper. I have dropped the phone a couple of times but never had an issue because I've had those cases on . But believe me I am is careful as I can possibly be majority of the time and would not leave the house without a case on

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. An all-glass shatter-prone phone is undeniably dumb. But it is even more dumb to not put a case on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma