Every time I try to use Samsung Cloud or Google Drive to back up stuff on my phone it fails or nothing happens. Samsung Cloud says it fails and nothing happens when I try with Google Drive. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure I have all the settings correct. It's just not happening.
    05-21-2017 01:51 PM
    If multiple backup services are failing, it sounds like there might be an issue with basic online connectivity. Are these problems happening when you're using WiFi or mobile data (cellular)?
    05-21-2017 03:48 PM
    By default you need to be connected to Wifi, so of your doing it over your data connection you need to adjust the settings in the app.
    05-21-2017 05:36 PM
    By default you need to be connected to Wifi, so of your doing it over your data connection you need to adjust the settings in the app.
    I have tried it both ways and nothing ever happens.
    05-22-2017 12:10 PM
    If multiple backup services are failing, it sounds like there might be an issue with basic online connectivity. Are these problems happening when you're using WiFi or mobile data (cellular)?
    I have no problem connecting to WiFi or 4G. I have tried changing the settings to allow backup when not connected to WiFi as well as trying it while connected to WiFi. Nothing works. Backup always fails.
    05-22-2017 12:12 PM
    I have no problem connecting to WiFi or 4G. I have tried changing the settings to allow backup when not connected to WiFi as well as trying it while connected to WiFi. Nothing works. Backup always fails.
    I'm not familiar with Samsung Cloud but you mentioned you're not able to back up anything to Google Drive either. If you open up the Google Drive app, can you at least access any files you already have stored there? Also, what app/service are you using to backup to your online Google Drive account?
    05-22-2017 12:55 PM
    I'm not familiar with Samsung Cloud but you mentioned you're not able to back up anything to Google Drive either. If you open up the Google Drive app, can you at least access any files you already have stored there? Also, what app/service are you using to backup to your online Google Drive account?
    You know what? I just checked it and Google Drive backed up some time last night. I guess it just does it when it wants to. So, Google Drive has accomplished a backup now. I'm not sure when it'll backup/sync in the future. I'll have to look at the settings again.

But Samsung Cloud just doesn't work. It'll go down the list of things I'm trying to back up and it'll say "Can't back up data" for every single one of them. When I first click on Settings>Cloud and Accounts>Samsung Cloud>Backup Settings it says "No Data to Back up" when there is obviously new data. For most of the apps in the list it actually says that it backed them up on 5/2/17, so I guess it actually did something once, but it's been a while. When I click "Back Up Now" is when it just goes down the list and says "Can't Back Up Data"

Maybe this is just the way this works, but Auto Back Up is supposed to happen every 24 hours. The problem might be that I rarely connect to WiFi. But, I also told it not to worry about that, just back it up.

Maybe this will help. I get an error messages that say "Couldn't back up data - An error has occurred (305)" and "Couldn't sync data - An error has occurred (305)"
    05-22-2017 01:27 PM
    Woops. I just went into Google Drive to see what it backed up and it says I have 0% space used. 0GB out of 15GB possible, so even though it says it backed up, nothing is there.

Hmm, but when I click backups, there is stuff there. Basically app data, not much, but like 7.8kB here, 1.6kB there.

I guess that's something?
    05-22-2017 01:35 PM
    You know what? I just checked it and Google Drive backed up some time last night. I guess it just does it when it wants to. So, Google Drive has accomplished a backup now. I'm not sure when it'll backup/sync in the future. I'll have to look at the settings again.

But Samsung Cloud just doesn't work. It'll go down the list of things I'm trying to back up and it'll say "Can't back up data" for every single one of them. When I first click on Settings>Cloud and Accounts>Samsung Cloud>Backup Settings it says "No Data to Back up" when there is obviously new data. For most of the apps in the list it actually says that it backed them up on 5/2/17, so I guess it actually did something once, but it's been a while. When I click "Back Up Now" is when it just goes down the list and says "Can't Back Up Data"

Maybe this is just the way this works, but Auto Back Up is supposed to happen every 24 hours. The problem might be that I rarely connect to WiFi. But, I also told it not to worry about that, just back it up.

Maybe this will help. I get an error messages that say "Couldn't back up data - An error has occurred (305)" and "Couldn't sync data - An error has occurred (305)"
    At this point I'd simply remove the Samsung Account (be aware that if you use Samsung Pay as it will delete the cards, so you will need to redo them) and just add it again, be sure you can access the Galaxy Apps or any other services like Themes and all that uses the Samsung Account and then just go again to the backup settings, do a Sync first, if it works then go to the Backup settings option and do a manual backup first, there you will see which option is failing first.
    05-22-2017 01:37 PM
    Here are some screen shots.
    Attached Thumbnails No backup service is working-screenshot_20170522-144947.jpg   No backup service is working-screenshot_20170522-145208.jpg   No backup service is working-screenshot_20170522-145250.jpg  
    05-22-2017 01:53 PM
    At this point I'd simply remove the Samsung Account (be aware that if you use Samsung Pay as it will delete the cards, so you will need to redo them) and just add it again, be sure you can access the Galaxy Apps or any other services like Themes and all that uses the Samsung Account and then just go again to the backup settings, do a Syn first, if it works then go to the Backup settings option and do a manual backup first, there you will see which option is failing first.
    Ooh, not sure what damage that might cause. Would that affect my Oculus account?
    05-22-2017 01:54 PM
    At this point I'd simply remove the Samsung Account (be aware that if you use Samsung Pay as it will delete the cards, so you will need to redo them) and just add it again, be sure you can access the Galaxy Apps or any other services like Themes and all that uses the Samsung Account and then just go again to the backup settings, do a Syn first, if it works then go to the Backup settings option and do a manual backup first, there you will see which option is failing first.
    Oh my god. That's it!

I'm not signed in to my Samsung Account because when I try it won't let me unless I agree to turn on Samsung Interactive Services and agree to let Samsung even further up my butt. I would also have to agree to something about Contacts that makes no sense.

So I can't even buy a wallpaper from them without agreeing to this.

There has to be a workaround.
    Attached Thumbnails No backup service is working-screenshot_20170522-145806.jpg  
    05-22-2017 02:01 PM
    Oh my god. That's it!

I'm not signed in to my Samsung Account because when I try it won't let me unless I agree to turn on Samsung Interactive Services and agree to let Samsung even further up my butt. I would also have to agree to something about Contacts that makes no sense.

So I can't even buy a wallpaper from them without agreeing to this.

There has to be a workaround.
    Yes, you need to be signed in to your Samsung Account otherwise there's no account to backup to.

About the Terms and Conditions agreement, You don't need to agree to all, I think the Contacts one is optional, try selecting just the Interactive and Customized Services one, I think that's a must for this and other services.
    05-22-2017 02:26 PM
    Yes, you need to be signed in to your Samsung Account otherwise there's no account to backup to.

About the Terms and Conditions agreement, You don't need to agree to all, I think the Contacts one is optional, try selecting just the Interactive and Customized Services one, I think that's a must for this and other services.
    Yeah, after reading the agreement, nah. Hard pass. I'll just figure out another cloud backup service.

Don't you find it absurd and insulting to have to agree to that Interactive "Service" to be able to use the Samsung account at all? I mean, they allowed me to create it and use it for a week or so, and then it says you can't continue to use it unless you agree to all this tracking and sending you ads. To me that's a big FU coming from Samsung.

And do you even know what the contacts one means?
    05-22-2017 03:06 PM
    Yeah, after reading the agreement, nah. Hard pass. I'll just figure out another cloud backup service.

Don't you find it absurd and insulting to have to agree to that Interactive "Service" to be able to use the Samsung account at all? I mean, they allowed me to create it and use it for a week or so, and then it says you can't continue to use it unless you agree to all this tracking and sending you ads. To me that's a big FU coming from Samsung.

Sounds like a normal policy to me. Agree to our terms to get use out of our services or -- don't and simply don't use them.
    05-22-2017 04:37 PM

To be honest I don't find intrusive or offensive things like this, I mean if they are not so obviously wrong I really don't mind, basically ALL cloud or even lesser services nowadays have some agreements that one way or another will make you consider not allowing them, but then I just think that the PROS of using it are more than the CONS and simply don't even think of the possible ways that it can affect me, like I said above if I do that then I wouldn't accept basically any online services at all. But that just me, if you don't like it, you don't like it.

About the Contacts, that's for the Profile Sharing optional services they provide, it allows you to do some other useful things like share huge size files, pictures, videos, etc... So everytime I need a similar thing without the hassle of the uploading the file to other cloud services and then allow it to be shared and then share it (counting that the service allow for downloading without the recipient opening an account) Then I find myself reconsidering activating this, just for how convenient and easy it is, another PROS and CONS decision right there.
    05-22-2017 04:46 PM