Damn it really pees me off that when I hit PHONE the contacts popup. If I want to access contact, I have put a button on the bottom, I'll touch that. If I want to call a number, I hit PHONE. I don't need contacts popping up when I want to make a phone call.

I know that there are dialers available. Why would this not be an easy option for users? Touch Phone, dialer pops up. Touch Contacts, contacts pops up.

GRRRRRR. My old S5 had no problems doing this. Sometimes advancements aren't really what we want.

Please advise folks. Thanks.
    05-22-2017 01:27 PM
    On my phone the dialer pops up IF it is the last screen I used for the phone. I am using the standard phone/dialer that came with the S8+.
    05-22-2017 01:32 PM
    Nope. Not here.
    05-22-2017 01:35 PM
    It's an annoyance for me too. Kinda makes you miss flip phones, where all you had to do was start dialing a number. Now you have to unlock the phone, start the phone app, and now you have to hit the keypad button.
    CosmicMiami likes this.
    05-22-2017 02:18 PM
    I personally use an app called truecaller as it blocks any numbers registered as spam and has detailed information about any caller has a dark theme and never blocked any important number it does have ads but imo they're not as intrusive as some other apps may have (i know the default dialer has this too but it most likely dosen't have nearly as much function as my app does for spam numbers)
    05-22-2017 02:28 PM
    Kinda makes you miss flip phones, where all you had to do was start dialing a number.
    Old school. Loved my Razr. In it's era, it was the best freaking phone ever. EVER.
    slingshot202 likes this.
    05-22-2017 02:39 PM
    I tried the Google native dialer and went back because it didn't have speed dial for some reason. It is definitely annoying though. I really hate when ut takes me to the recent calls screen instead, too. Bring up the keypad and let me navigate away if I want to.
    05-23-2017 02:10 AM
    I tried the Google native dialer and went back because it didn't have speed dial for some reason. It is definitely annoying though. I really hate when ut takes me to the recent calls screen instead, too. Bring up the keypad and let me navigate away if I want to.
    You can add speed dial contacts. Click on dialer, click the infamous three dots (anyone got a term for this yet?) click on speed dial to set up your speed dial contacts. Also if you use the edge screen you can add contacts and from there click on the contacts to call them.

Yeah the only way to have the dialer up is to have that as the last thing you did with phone calls. If you were under contacts, that will pop up the next time you open up the phone. As annoying as it is, I hardly ever use my smart phone as an actual phone, I am a loser and don't have a job where I need to on the phone at all, so not a huge deal for me. You can also add something like the direct call panel to the edge screen that allows you to link contacts and click them just for calls.

I was just skimming through the edge screen addons and could not find a dialer. If I knew how to do that kind of stuff I would make a dialer for the edge screen, I think this would be another great edge screen addon. And for me where I just have a couple of edge screen windows I won't need to keep flipping through them to get to it.
    Whiskey619 likes this.
    05-23-2017 06:51 AM