I just got off the phone with T-Mo. After a week of trying to get my S8+ unlocked, I finally made contact with a tech that emailed my device info to the office in charge of entering phones into T-MOBILE system. After a couple of hours waiting, I received a call back and now S8+ bought from Samsung.com is unlocked.
    James8561 likes this.
    05-22-2017 04:59 PM
    I just got off the phone with T-Mo. After a week of trying to get my S8+ unlocked, I finally made contact with a tech that emailed my device info to the office in charge of entering phones into T-MOBILE system. After a couple of hours waiting, I received a call back and now S8+ bought from Samsung.com is unlocked.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mo S8+ bought from Samsung.com finally permanently network unlocked.-5542.jpg  
    James8561 likes this.
    05-22-2017 05:04 PM
    That's great! I've tried unlocking using the installed app but it says I'm not eligible. I also checked the my T-Mobile website and it says phone not in the system (even though it shows up as Galaxy S8+ complete with picture). Can you give a step by step run down of the process?
    05-23-2017 01:34 AM
    Im waiting the 40 days before being fully eligible for phone to be unlocked under T-Mobile's policy, but reading everything online says the Device Unlock app will not work for devices purchased direct from Samsung.com. Could you please tell us what information you needed to give to T-Mobile for them get this thing unlocked, who to you contacted, and possibly what department would be in charge of adding our devices IMEI number to their system to get it unlocked. It sounds like this has been an ongoing issue with previous Galaxy phones as well, maybe the more people that request this to be done the easier it will be for everyone to get done.
    05-23-2017 02:18 AM
    I bought my phone directly from the Samsung Store and it came with the unlock code on my sales receipt. My phone has been unlocked since the day I bought it.
    05-23-2017 03:22 AM
    That's great! I've tried unlocking using the installed app but it says I'm not eligible. I also checked the my T-Mobile website and it says phone not in the system (even though it shows up as Galaxy S8+ complete with picture). Can you give a step by step run down of the process?
    You need to call T-MOBILE and get your request escalated to a Sr. Technical support rep. From there, they need to have your device entered into the device distribution inventory system. Once that is done, you will be able to use the Device Unlock app on your phone. It took about 3 hours for the rep to call back and me it was completed.
    icwhatudidthere likes this.
    05-23-2017 04:56 AM
    I bought my phone directly from the Samsung Store and it came with the unlock code on my sales receipt. My phone has been unlocked since the day I bought it.
    Was it T-MOBILE branded?
    05-23-2017 05:18 AM
    Was it T-MOBILE branded?
    Also what country was it pruchased in?
    05-23-2017 03:07 PM
    Was it T-MOBILE branded?
    No. It is Telus branded but will work on the T-Mobile network.
    05-23-2017 03:19 PM
    Im waiting the 40 days before being fully eligible for phone to be unlocked under T-Mobile's policy, but reading everything online says the Device Unlock app will not work for devices purchased direct from Samsung.com. Could you please tell us what information you needed to give to T-Mobile for them get this thing unlocked, who to you contacted, and possibly what department would be in charge of adding our devices IMEI number to their system to get it unlocked. It sounds like this has been an ongoing issue with previous Galaxy phones as well, maybe the more people that request this to be done the easier it will be for everyone to get done.
    Went through T-Force on Twitter and seemed to have gotten a rep on the first go who understood the situation and submitted my IMEI number to the right place. There may be hope for everyone in the future, this one of the final responses I got from them:

"I am right there with you. It definitely makes things harder on both sides since the phone isn't technically bought from us, even though it is branded a T-Mobile phone and our system rejects any IMEI that didn't come from our inventory. None the less, we're all about giving you full access to what is yours. Teams are currently working on a process update that'll make things a lot more seamless, but in the meantime we've got this work around! I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today!"

14 hours later I tried the Unlock Device app and requested the permanent unlock and was greeted with this T-Mo S8+ bought from Samsung.com finally permanently network unlocked.-7ffaffm.jpg

Device is fully unlocked, tested with an AT&T SIM card and everything worked fine. After 2 reboots the Device Unlock app even disappeared from my phone. I'm so happy with how fast T-Mobile dealt with this. The more people that make a stink about this issue on social media hopefully T-Mobile will find a permanent fix for people buying a SIM locked at full price and have it easily unlocked under their standard procedure.
    05-26-2017 12:54 AM
    T-mobile and Samsung lock the devices? Verizon doesn't even do that.
    05-26-2017 01:56 AM