06-01-2017 12:37 AM
51 123
tools
    Maybe not now but you will in the far future. Think: self driving cars.
    I'm willing to bet heavily that Bixby never drives a car. It might make an appearance as part of an infotainment center, but even that seems like a loose bet.
    05-23-2017 05:20 PM
    I can't forget about Bixby, I hit the damn button but at least 2-3 times a day by mistake.
    05-23-2017 06:17 PM
    I can't forget about Bixby, I hit the damn button but at least 2-3 times a day by mistake.
    Package Disabler Pro. Fix that right now
    05-23-2017 06:18 PM
    No. Nope
    05-23-2017 07:43 PM
    Nope. My meter isn't registering with Bixby.
    05-23-2017 07:52 PM
    <<---- doesnt care at all about it
    05-24-2017 05:24 AM
    These phones have too many features that you will never use plus Google covers most of them with their features. After the bixby update I will give it a try can be that bad.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-24-2017 05:36 AM
    Any news on when the voice update will roll out? I'm one if the fee excited to see how it works.
    05-24-2017 07:46 AM
    Well... remains to be seen if this follows the path of a lot of Samsung's other features. I think it was... maybe a year or two ago, that someone did a deep dive into the metrics of a lot of Samsung's stuff they toss into their phones, things like S-Voice and apps that overlap with non-Samsung offerings. I recall that while nearly everyone tries out Samsung's own stuff, some ridiculously high amount, high 90%s, used it once or twice than abandoned it for the third party offering and by a month after purchase, they were no longer touched.

I get what Samsung is trying... they want to be more than a phone OEM and want to be an ecosystem builder like Google. But wanted to be and doing are two different things. Google's ecosystem is built off the fact that they are the dominant force across the internet... Their mobile platform runs 80+% of the world's smartphones and their services, like gmail, maps, chrome, etc are equally as dominant. They are a services company and do a far better job than Samsung, who is a sprawling consumer electronics manufacturer...

And... just as importantly, Google is platform agnostic. With few exceptions, their stuff can run on everything... Android, iOS, desktops, etc. So even if you switch around all the time, you have access to all that stuff they provide. Samsung tries to leverage their stuff to get you to buy more Samsung phones.

So Bixby, like many of the Samsung features that preceeded it, is an inferior product running on a limited number of devices. That doesn't bode well for Bixby's long term success.
    05-24-2017 09:13 AM
    I think Bixby will get polished a bit for the Note 8, and then, a bit more for the S9, and Note 9. Beyond that, I think Bixby will start warming the bench.
    05-24-2017 11:08 AM
    I have not done anything with it other than ignore it when it has asked. Not why I went to Samsung again...does not sound like I am missing out.
    05-30-2017 04:42 PM
    Is anyone even looking forward to its full roll out in North America? To me I'm not. I don't even really care and have forgotten all about it basically.
    Yeah, it's just this thing that's there. I don't use voice assistants anyway, so when Bixby becomes capable of it, I won't use it.
    05-30-2017 06:33 PM
    I'm over it... don't really use ai assistant anyway...
    05-30-2017 08:19 PM
    I've disabled it... Maybe I'll give it another shot when it comes of age, for now I'll keep Google Assistant.
    05-31-2017 05:17 AM
    Package Disabler Pro. Fix that right now
    Does that just disable the button altogether or can you assign other tasks for it? I tried an app that allows you to reprogram the button but it was too much of a glitch fest for my liking. I really wish I could just use it for a flashlight toggle but I can't stand glitchy behavior and I think the Bixby is too ingrained in the software for there to be a decent third party app without root.
    05-31-2017 07:15 AM
    Not sure what case you may be using? But a benefit of the otterbox defender case(or any case with stiffer side material) is you have to actually put effort into getting the Bixby button to respond. Had a flimsy cheap Amazon case initially & that had no effect. Have not accidentally activated the button since getting the o.d. case back in April. So maybe something to think about for those not wanting to mess with a remap app & needing a case.

To the op's question. Have to admit I was optimistic back when the phone was released that Samsung would really push to get this right. However at this point, really hope they just leave it alone. Rarely use Google Assistant & cannot imagine integrating the things Bixby is suppose to do in my daily use.
    05-31-2017 12:37 PM
    The ship has sailed. The next Note will be the phone that most benefits from Bixby.
    But wasting a button on it that cannot be reprogrammed is horrible.
    05-31-2017 01:05 PM
    I don't even use google's assistant so imagine bixby lol haven't set it up haven't touched it and neither will i. Basically i have no need for an Ai.
    I use Google because I just say OK Google. If I had to press a special button I wouldn't want Google either
    05-31-2017 01:08 PM
    Bixby struggling with the English language??

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/05/31...lish-language/

Bixby: Anyone even care anymore?-woman-checking-food-17085859.jpg
    LineKill likes this.
    05-31-2017 01:25 PM
    if they gave us OK GOOGLE form the LOCKED screen I be happy.
    Dont see how hard that can be to add?
    05-31-2017 01:28 PM
    Does that just disable the button altogether or can you assign other tasks for it? I tried an app that allows you to reprogram the button but it was too much of a glitch fest for my liking. I really wish I could just use it for a flashlight toggle but I can't stand glitchy behavior and I think the Bixby is too ingrained in the software for there to be a decent third party app without root.
    It just disables the button.
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.
    05-31-2017 02:37 PM
    Not sure what that has to do with using Bixby on my phone.. lol. As per the topic.. I won't use Bixby now or later. I will use assistant since it works with other products and not just Samsung only.
    Never say never. Everyone didn't use Samsung pay. They are starting now. It's still an​ unreleased, unfinished tech. Just wait and see.
    05-31-2017 04:29 PM
    Never say never. Everyone didn't use Samsung pay. They are starting now. It's still an​ unreleased, unfinished tech. Just wait and see.
    We have been over this -- I won't use it. I can promise you this. I will use Assistant since it works with my other Google products.
    05-31-2017 04:30 PM
    But wasting a button on it that cannot be reprogrammed is horrible.
    No doubt.
    05-31-2017 04:47 PM
    if they gave us OK GOOGLE form the LOCKED screen I be happy.
    Dont see how hard that can be to add?
    I use okay Google from the lock screen daily.
    05-31-2017 04:48 PM
51 123