Bixby: Anyone even care anymore?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone even looking forward to its full roll out in North America? To me I'm not. I don't even really care and have forgotten all about it basically.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in giving it a fair shot once Sammy get's it together. If it's not the cat's meow, I won't be upset. The Google Assistant suits me just fine.

Edit: Bixby wasn't a factor in my choosing the S8+. I was interested in the device/hardware itself.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm interested in giving it a fair shot once Sammy get's it together. If it's not the cat's meow, I won't be upset. The Google Assistant suits me just fine.

Edit: Bixby wasn't a factor in my choosing the S8+. I was interested in the device/hardware itself.

Same. Every once in a while I reenable the button and user it for my camera or flashlight, but generally speaking it's a lame button and I don't care about Bixby.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have not enabled it yet, but I only have had my phone a few days. I will enable it some day and check it out. It is not a big deal to me.

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Ill check it out once they release it. Other than that I once every codaus press the button & mess with it. Ive had bad luck with remapping apps

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Sync's well with my exercise kit, that's about it.
Was mildly interested in it's original M.O.
It's not a replacement for Google et al, different kettle of fish. Quite interested in what it brings.

Didn't factor in me buying at all. Only thing I find a little belittling is it having a dedicated button.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I use bixby daily, I like the information it displays, I get news, steps, calendar, schedule and a few other things in one stream, that for me is really helpful, beyond that, when voice comes etc I'm not sure how much more I would use it than I do now.

Got me I don't get the point of google assistant! It seems as rigid as Siri, doesn't allow me to put actually useful information in there (emails, texts, schedule etc) just displays some random news stories and the weather. Voice wise, it creates a problem for me, if I want a reminder it does not use the reminders app but it's own and therefor they are not in the bixby stream, so I don't use assistant at all just now.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have waited almost 20 years for the Predators to reach the Stanley Cup Final. I can wait for Bixby. Siri and Google Assistant took time to develop. I like that Samsung is always trying to differentiate themselves from the competition.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone even looking forward to its full roll out in North America? To me I'm not. I don't even really care and have forgotten all about it basically.

http://www.droid-life.com/2017/05/02/bixby-voice-korea/

Trust me, once i rolls out, you'll be using it all the time. It's already out in Korea. Honestly Bixby will get smarter and smarter as it goes as everyone will be it's teacher and it'll learn from the user just like keyboard text correction (kinda scary if it gets too smart). Just be happy Samsung included it as a feature even though it isn't out yet.

BTW I use Google Assistant all the time and wished it could do more.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't have said it better. I probably won't use it even when it's full up running. Google is just fine for my needs too.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
http://www.droid-life.com/2017/05/02/bixby-voice-korea/

Trust me, once i rolls out, you'll be using it all the time. It's already out in Korea. Honestly Bixby will get smarter and smarter as it goes as everyone will be it's teacher and it'll learn from the user just like keyboard text correction (kinda scary if it gets too smart). Just be happy Samsung included it as a feature even though it isn't out yet.

BTW I use Google Assistant all the time and wished it could do more.

I can honestly say once it rolls out I won't be using it -- I can promise you that ;).

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Not a factor here either. I"m sure a lot of people said the same thing about Siri when first added, but it's only grown over the years. I'm willing to give it a shot at taking my use away from Cortana.

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't even use google's assistant so imagine bixby lol haven't set it up haven't touched it and neither will i. Basically i have no need for an Ai.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08