Bixby: Anyone even care anymore?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't own an S8, still using the S7 and looking forward to the next Note.

I don't care of it has Bixby or not, doubt I will use it, I don't use voice commands except to call someone while driving.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not now but you will in the far future. Think: self driving cars.
Not sure what that has to do with using Bixby on my phone.. lol. As per the topic.. I won't use Bixby now or later. I will use assistant since it works with other products and not just Samsung only.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
These phones have too many features that you will never use plus Google covers most of them with their features. After the bixby update I will give it a try can be that bad.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well... remains to be seen if this follows the path of a lot of Samsung's other features. I think it was... maybe a year or two ago, that someone did a deep dive into the metrics of a lot of Samsung's stuff they toss into their phones, things like S-Voice and apps that overlap with non-Samsung offerings. I recall that while nearly everyone tries out Samsung's own stuff, some ridiculously high amount, high 90%s, used it once or twice than abandoned it for the third party offering and by a month after purchase, they were no longer touched.

I get what Samsung is trying... they want to be more than a phone OEM and want to be an ecosystem builder like Google. But wanted to be and doing are two different things. Google's ecosystem is built off the fact that they are the dominant force across the internet... Their mobile platform runs 80+% of the world's smartphones and their services, like gmail, maps, chrome, etc are equally as dominant. They are a services company and do a far better job than Samsung, who is a sprawling consumer electronics manufacturer...

And... just as importantly, Google is platform agnostic. With few exceptions, their stuff can run on everything... Android, iOS, desktops, etc. So even if you switch around all the time, you have access to all that stuff they provide. Samsung tries to leverage their stuff to get you to buy more Samsung phones.

So Bixby, like many of the Samsung features that preceeded it, is an inferior product running on a limited number of devices. That doesn't bode well for Bixby's long term success.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think Bixby will get polished a bit for the Note 8, and then, a bit more for the S9, and Note 9. Beyond that, I think Bixby will start warming the bench.

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I have not done anything with it other than ignore it when it has asked. Not why I went to Samsung again...does not sound like I am missing out.

deadbeatles

May 2, 2017
Visit site
Is anyone even looking forward to its full roll out in North America? To me I'm not. I don't even really care and have forgotten all about it basically.

Yeah, it's just this thing that's there. I don't use voice assistants anyway, so when Bixby becomes capable of it, I won't use it.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I've disabled it... Maybe I'll give it another shot when it comes of age, for now I'll keep Google Assistant.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Package Disabler Pro. Fix that right now:)

Does that just disable the button altogether or can you assign other tasks for it? I tried an app that allows you to reprogram the button but it was too much of a glitch fest for my liking. I really wish I could just use it for a flashlight toggle but I can't stand glitchy behavior and I think the Bixby is too ingrained in the software for there to be a decent third party app without root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon