Galaxy s8+. I was under the impression the volume button on the side would allow you to control both the ringtone and the notification (texts) sound volume with one action. Is that correct? If that is not the case, is there a way I can avoid using the down arrow and adjust the notification volume every time I want it to just match the ringtone? Thank you.
    05-23-2017 07:54 AM
    Galaxy s8+. I was under the impression the volume button on the side would allow you to control both the ringtone and the notification (texts) sound volume with one action. Is that correct? If that is not the case, is there a way I can avoid using the down arrow and adjust the notification volume every time I want it to just match the ringtone? Thank you.
    If you press any volume button while you are in your home screen it will pop up the Volume control for the Ringtone but if you click the down arrow button at the top of that window it will allow you to individually control the rest of sound options including the Notifications. Isn't this what you are referring about? if not, then I didn't understand your question.
    05-23-2017 10:19 AM
    If you press any volume button while you are in your home screen it will pop up the Volume control for the Ringtone but if you click the down arrow button at the top of that window it will allow you to individually control the rest of sound options including the Notifications. Isn't this what you are referring about? if not, then I didn't understand your question.
    He wants to set it up to have the ringtone and notification volume slider linked instead of seperated, so when he adjusts the volume he's not just adjusting the ringtone level but also the notification level. I do not believe this is possible, as the stock setting to accomplish this is not present anywhere in settings. I personally would like this option as well. I hate when my ringtone gets turned down because I'm in a quieter setting, but I forget to adjust my notification volume level and I get a text or email and it's crazy loud all of a sudden, when in my mind I just turned down the volume. Everyones needs are different, but this seemingly little thing would make a big impact towards alleviating some of my personal day to day annoyances.
    05-23-2017 11:13 AM
    He wants to set it up to have the ringtone and notification volume slider linked instead of seperated, so when he adjusts the volume he's not just adjusting the ringtone level but also the notification level. I do not believe this is possible, as the stock setting to accomplish this is not present anywhere in settings. I personally would like this option as well. I hate when my ringtone gets turned down because I'm in a quieter setting, but I forget to adjust my notification volume level and I get a text or email and it's crazy loud all of a sudden, when in my mind I just turned down the volume. Everyones needs are different, but this seemingly little thing would make a big impact towards alleviating some of my personal day to day annoyances.
    Wow, I must have had a brain fart there as it was clearly explained by the OP...LOL. Well, sorry then about my unhelpful post.
    05-23-2017 02:39 PM
    There are apps that will do it... I use SImple Volume, but I am sure there are many that work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...x.simplevolume
    05-23-2017 02:45 PM