Keyboard annoying to use on S8?

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
You could go to your keyboard settings and resize it to fit inside of your edges (That is what I do)

It is under the customization, "Keyboard size and layout"
-Settings
-Language and Input
-On-Screen Keyboard
-Samsung Keyboard
-Scroll down and select Keyboard size and layout
-Drag left and right bars to just inside the rounded edge

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have had no problems at all with the stock keyboard. If you do not like it, SwiftKey and Gboard are very good alternativesツ

Qc_Anubis

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with diggity here. Default keyboard is a dread for me to use. It becomes worse when I enlarge it so have it at default again. Swiping does work pretty good, probably due to the keys being too close to eachother.
And mind you all, I've used most galaxy models so this is definitely a different keyboard, although I don't have much problems with the edges.

I figure some people can be very negative, but that doesn't mean everything they say is invalid.

I kinda wonder if anyone uses the default keyboard lol everyone here uses either gboard,swiftkey or swype, i always replaced the default samsung board as it's auto correct for french is attrocious.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
I always did, this is the first time I need something like Gboard. At default the keys sit too close to eachother. Samsung must have little children in mind for their customers with that red tint and narrow keyboard.
Gboard works for me btw.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I could understand why someone would have issues with the curved screen. I'm not a fan of them personally. But I'm 100% that there are plenty of solutions available to make your issue better if not go away completely if you are willing to put the time in.

Whiskey619

May 14, 2017
Visit site
My only issue with the Samsung keyboard is that it forgets your autocorrect defaults and learned words each time you switch phones. Otherwise I actually like it. If you're having issues with the key size, or margins on the sides, you can adjust them in the settings.

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I have not actually experimented with other keyboards but I'd love to be able to create a few shortcuts. Some autocorrect stuff is way out there

Yowe

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
With the "infinity" screen, the keyboard also flows all the way to the edges, making typing very annoying especially when using those keys near the edges. Also type accuracy is bad too. Anyone else thinks so?
I have the same issue, I come from an iPhone and the keyboard was awesome, here on the s8 it doesn't feel so slick and easy to type. I've tried all 3rd party keyboards available, I stick with gbiard, but it doesn't come closely to apples keyboard

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
s8 is too narrow period, I have trouble regardless of keyboard.

I have fat fingers and I placed periods in between words...

I'm probably gonna sell this s8 this week, beautiful phone and well built just the typing really is getting to me. I need to type faster than a 7 year old Girl.

Probably going to look at the iphone again due to the great keyboard or something big like the Pixel 2 xl.