Keyboard annoying to use on S8?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
With the "infinity" screen, the keyboard also flows all the way to the edges, making typing very annoying especially when using those keys near the edges. Also type accuracy is bad too. Anyone else thinks so?

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You don't seem to like anything about the S8, surprised you still have one. I have no problems at all with Swype, or Swiftkey for that matter. Keyboard is very easy to change.

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I found the stock keyboard difficult to use too. I struggled with many spelling mistakes, and the autocorrect is not very good. I tried the google keyboard, but didn't have a lot of success with it either. Swiftkey works like a charm for me though.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No issues typing with Gboard for me. The edge doesn't mess with typing as bad as previous devices.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't find the keyboard hard to use,at all on the s8. In fact, I love the,tactile feedback. And how everything is layed out so conveniently. Plus, due to Samsung's theming engine, it looks awesome with my phone theme of iron man overall.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with diggity here. Default keyboard is a dread for me to use. It becomes worse when I enlarge it so have it at default again. Swiping does work pretty good, probably due to the keys being too close to eachother.
And mind you all, I've used most galaxy models so this is definitely a different keyboard, although I don't have much problems with the edges.

I figure some people can be very negative, but that doesn't mean everything they say is invalid.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been using SwiftKey since I first got the S4 back in 2013. I have no issues using this keyboard on the S8 Plus. Landscape and portrait are very comfortable for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks