When I install a new app it creates a short-cut on a new page instead of on the home screen. It's really annoying because i'll have to drag the icon to the home page and then delete the new page... all the slots on my home screen aren't full either. I have about 6 open slots.. is there a way to fix this? I've tried re-assigning the home screen to the one I want as well but it doesn't seem to work.
    05-25-2017 02:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain there are open slots? If you have a widget on the homescreen, that might actually be taking up spots that seem to be empty.

You could also turn off the option to automatically add icons to the homescreen, and just add them yourself from the App Drawer. This would save you the step of having to delete the new homescreen that's created.
    05-25-2017 09:01 PM
    Yes, I'm absolutely certain he does not have any widgets taking up the blank spaces because I'm experiencing this as well. I have way more than 6 spaces and newly installed apps ignore that space. I have to go to the new page and drag them over to the blank spaces and delete the new page. That proves there're no widgets taking up the blank spaces because the icons can actually be moved there.

I have no idea why this inconsistency is happening. It's very annoying.
    09-16-2017 08:30 PM
    Odd...Try entering recovery, and doing a Cache Partition Wipe (no data loss) See if that might help.
    09-17-2017 09:14 PM
    Merged your later thread with your previous thread.

I remember another thread about this now. I believe that on Samsung phones (and possibly others), it will look for the first open space next to the icon that's at the lowest and rightmost position. So if you have that lowest row full of icons, the automatically-added new shortcut will go to the next page, instead of using any empty spot higher on that first screen. Kinda silly, but I remember that this was the answer to the other thread.
    Laura Knotek and H3aTeRzz like this.
    09-17-2017 10:08 PM
    Merged your later thread with your previous thread.

I remember another thread about this now. I believe that on Samsung phones (and possibly others), it will look for the first open space next to the icon that's at the lowest and rightmost position. So if you have that lowest row full of icons, the automatically-added new shortcut will go to the next page, instead of using any empty spot higher on that first screen. Kinda silly, but I remember that this was the answer to the other thread.
    My apps go in order though, from top left to bottom right. Currently, I have bottom 2 rows completely empty. But whenever I download a new app it doesn't continue on, instead it creates a new brand new page.
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    09-17-2017 11:59 PM
    Odd...Try entering recovery, and doing a Cache Partition Wipe (no data loss) See if that might help.
    Tried and it didn't work
    H3aTeRzz likes this.
    09-18-2017 12:05 AM
    Have you already tried a cache partition wipe? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34311
    09-18-2017 09:51 AM