Does anyone know why we cant adjust each sound mode? For example we have Normal,Vibrate and Silent and usually we can edit them individually but it appears as if we cant on the S8?

I turned off vibrate because when my phone rings i do not need it to vibrate! However, if iam at a meeting or whatever then i would like to toggle vibrate on so that my phone will stay silent but still vibrate! With the S8 once you turn down/off vibrate then its turned down/off for all sound modes!

I hope what iam saying makes sense? Basically can i turn vibrate off for my general use but have it actually vibrate when i toggle vibrate? As it stands i cannot do this but it seems odd as literally EVERY phone i ever had allowed you to adjust individual sound modes/profiles!!
    05-25-2017 04:01 PM
    Well, that's weird... Yes, I see what you mean by the vibrate toggle being 'off' in Vibrate mode if you turn it off for Sound mode, BUT even though it seems off, the phone should still vibrate in Vibrate mode (I just tried it... it works on mine). Silent just turns vibrate off altogether because, well, Silent.
    05-25-2017 04:19 PM
    Well, that's weird... Yes, I see what you mean by the vibrate toggle being 'off' in Vibrate mode if you turn it off for Sound mode, BUT even though it seems off, the phone should still vibrate in Vibrate mode (I just tried it... it works on mine). Silent just turns vibrate off altogether because, well, Silent.
    Yeah its weird ha Mine won't vibrate despite having vibrate mode toggled! Once vibrate is turned off it seems to turn it off across all sound profiles
    05-25-2017 04:38 PM
    If you boot up in Safe Mode, does it do that too? Have you installed any notification-modifying apps like Light Flow?
    05-25-2017 05:02 PM
    If you boot up in Safe Mode, does it do that too? Have you installed any notification-modifying apps like Light Flow?
    Nope no apps like that installed!! Your saying that if you turn off vibrate and then toggle the sound mode to vibrate.... it will vibrate right???
    05-25-2017 05:07 PM
    Yes, it does so on mine. The switch for vibration is off but disabled when I switch to Vibrate mode.
    Keith Molloy likes this.
    05-25-2017 10:18 PM