S8 Plus Screen cracked.

shabbs

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Heh. I dropped my PRIV a lot and twice smashed the screen. There were no otterbox or uag cases for it, cuz it was a PRIV and didn't attract those companies due to low volume of sales (I knew that going in). So getting an all glass s8 was like me tempting fate. At least now I have a slew of solid cases to use that protect it. Mine will never be naked outside of when I'm changing cases.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Heh. I dropped my PRIV a lot and twice smashed the screen. There were no otterbox or uag cases for it, cuz it was a PRIV and didn't attract those companies due to low volume of sales (I knew that going in). So getting an all glass s8 was like me tempting fate. At least now I have a slew of solid cases to use that protect it. Mine will never be naked outside of when I'm changing cases.

Ditto.

I even bought a case at the mall (I don't usually buy cases at the mall. overpriced) for temporary use, until my Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro came in. I just could not go a few days without any protection on this very expensive phone

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I broke the display on my S7 Edge that had a Spigen tough armor case on it, I've used Otterbox Comutter cases. I have a Note 5, S7 Edge and my S8+ all in Otterbox now. All of these phones have fallen off my bed so many times and every time, I have never worried about whatever phone it was, breaking. All of them have been protected.

ON June 2nd, I was in an accident and had my Note 5 in the car and my S7 Edge in my pocket. I got rear ended and the Note 5 went flying around in the car. The phone was perfect in every way as I picked it up from the floor of the car.

I will never ever have a phone without an Otterbox case on it again.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed a small CHIP on my screen in the middle. Do you think it will spread? like a windshield? I mean it is glass? Someone please shed some light and say it won't. I can live with a tiny chip but if it starts to spread, ima be PISSED!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Seems like the amoled screens can't survive cracks. I dropped my s7 a few months ago and had a small crack on the edge of the screen. The whole thing just went crazy. Flickering, random screen touches until it finally turned green lol

Amoled is the panel not the outer glass

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone expecting an all glass device to not be crack prone when dropped past one foot on a hard or sharp surface, might be expecting too much. The design has nowhere to displace energy but to the glass, which is the weakest point. The last device to absorb falls well is the Note 4, since the removable cover absorbed most of the energy and is not glass.

Also, anybody that drops an all glass device without a case and surprised it cracks is the same as expecting unicorn riding cowboys.

Are you saying unicorn riding cowboys aren't real?

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't even bother getting an otter box mine fell from my bed that's not very high to my wood floor and the corner still shattered save your money don't bother with the s8+ I got the phone a week ago and the insurance wants a 200 buck deductible just to fix it I'm beyond livid at this point.

the screen of my first s8+ broke as well even with the rhinoshield crashguard bumper from a 3 ft fall lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12