Pop Up Headaches

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I get pop ups like crazy. The only blockers I've found are separate browsers. What is everyone using to stop these? They are driving me crazy.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Pop ups like when you are online? I use none and have had no issues with popups. I stopped using the internet surfing this site, it is lousy with internet freezing spam ads, both pc and phone. I also have eliminated going to funky looking links when searching on chrome through my phone. This has helped me keep away from sites with the spam.

What browser do you use? Chrome, Samsung's? Maybe you went to a not so safe site and got an std?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I get pop ups like crazy. The only blockers I've found are separate browsers. What is everyone using to stop these? They are driving me crazy.

If it's while using the default Samsung browser, you got something visiting a web page, so go to Settings-Apps and look for the Browser, Samsung Internet and in Storage clear the cache and data.

Do a reboot so you can begin clean and open the browser and just install Ad Blocker to try to prevent this to occurs again, I'm using Adblock Plus, you can get them by going to the app settings.

If it's in general, not using the browser, then there is an app causing such behavior, have you installed an app outside of the play store?

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I use the Samsung Internet browser with ad block plus. I've never really cared much for the mobile Chrome browsers, partly for this reason.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I'll try using Samsung's browser. I use Chrome and often get a pop up about winning some contest. It's frustrating.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'll try using Samsung's browser. I use Chrome and often get a pop up about winning some contest. It's frustrating.

That's your best bet, use the integrated Ad blockers on the browser and you should be fine.

I use Chrome with every other OEM's phone but when I'm using a Galaxy I use the Samsung one and disable Chrome. Faster and better integrated and using biometrics to keep all my website passwords is great.