Fixed poor reception on my Galaxy S8 plus

twowetsocks

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S8 plus and I use AT&T. I never had poor phone reception till I got this phone. I was having calls dropped and bad clarity. I exchanged it for a new phone and got a new SIM card, reset my network settings and nothing fixed it. Then I found out that if you turn off the "ENHANCED LTE settings" it can fix the phone reception. So far it's fixed it. Let me know if you had a similar problem.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum! and thanks for the fixit post! Not on AT&T myself, but hopefully your post can help some folks with similar problem.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The S8+ has been the best phone for me in terms of reception & am on ATT. Just checked & the enhanced LTE is on.
Glad you found something to make yours work. But would still be curious if something else is causing the issue?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S8 plus and I use AT&T. I never had poor phone reception till I got this phone. I was having calls dropped and bad clarity. I exchanged it for a new phone and got a new SIM card, reset my network settings and nothing fixed it. Then I found out that if you turn off the "ENHANCED LTE settings" it can fix the phone reception. So far it's fixed it. Let me know if you had a similar problem.

Just be aware that I had this turned off on My Galaxy S7 for similar reasons, but whenever my brother on an iPhone sent me a long text message (not sure how many characters, but a lot), I would never receive it. Never had this issue with anyone else, but he was dealing with my parent's estate after they both passed away suddenly, so it wasn't typical to get as long a message from others. But once my wife sent me a long one that I missed and I realized there must be something else going on (not just my brother's iPhone).

After I enabled this option again, I never had a problem again. So if you have this disabled and realize you are missing texts, either have your them send you shorter texts or re-enable this option.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Where did you find the setting? I'm not having any reception issues, but curious in case I did. I tried the search in settings and nothing comes up.
It's in settings, select advanced calling and select advanced calling again, then select what I circled below.

ebabed4ab55aeac1bcf1e4def408ffc9.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Same here. All I know dropped calls went away after changing that setting. There posts about other Verizon users, that's where I got this idea.

Well that is what I am saying is I have had the setting on this entire time and I have had no dropped calls. I have even done some video calls with a buddy on WiFi and via LTE without a hiccup. You're saying it fixed yours so I assume you had some whereas I never have since getting the S8+.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well that is what I am saying is I have had the setting on this entire time and I have had no dropped calls. I have even done some video calls with a buddy on WiFi and via LTE without a hiccup. You're saying it fixed yours so I assume you had some whereas I never have since getting the S8+.
I don't know why some are effected and some aren't, I don't do video calling so is this fixes it for me, great. Time will tell, but week in and no issues, but I know how that goes. I'm still in the testing phase for me.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just go to your settings and hit the search button at the top and type "Enhanced" and you will find it.

Or Settings, Connections, mobile networks, Enhanced LTE Settings.
Ah, never-mind. This is a carrier specific setting. I don't have that. Thanks though.