Visit site
2017 Ford F-150.
Nice. I just got this a few weeks ago.

9376c857aa4c61b7cbb2300cfedb4015.jpg

catch 105

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Samsung S8

It amazes me that it wasn't tested properly.

I purchased two S8's and rely on the bluetooth... which does not work for me and apparently many others.

So basically this new phone to me is as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

I have not heard or seen anything from Samsung with giid news or otherwise.

Very Disappointed

Mark

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung S8

It amazes me that it wasn't tested properly.

I purchased two S8's and rely on the bluetooth... which does not work for me and apparently many others.

So basically this new phone to me is as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

I have not heard or seen anything from Samsung with giid news or otherwise.

Very Disappointed

Mark

Well, I'm sorry you have the problem but as you can see not everybody has it, it seems that it may be an issue based on Bluetooth device with the new BT 5.0 tech on the S8, or because of the ability to separate audio between different BT devices, anyway, a fix seems to have already been done, problem now is the never ending story with the Updates distributions and the lame US carriers deploying it.

The fix was released or seems to have been released last week to at least the Middle East, but still no words from our beloved carriers about a released for the rest of the world.

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ getting new update that fixes some connectivity issues

https://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-s8-has-frustrating-bluetooth-problem-fix-way

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with car connectivity once in a while. The sound will drop for several seconds then reconnect. I also have issues with my gear S2 losing connection. Sometimes the notifications don't go through when I'm clearly connected via Bluetooth bc my phone is right next to me. I can get the standalone alert when the devices are right next to each other. Sound bar at home can be a bit choppy too.

This is crazy, because I have zero issues with my S2... until I walk to far from my phone, but then it reconnects when I walk back within range.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I was having problems with Bluetooth pairing and connection stability until I turned off nearby device scanning. My guess was the scanning was interrupting existing connections.

Hey OP, did you try this? I am wondering if it helps with your issue.

I have enjoyed many things abouty S8+ so far, but one issue has been plaguing me and many others since day one - Bluetooth connectivity. I am often facing disconnects with my Gear S3, something that was never an issue on multiple S7 Edge devices or my Note devices. Also, the S8+ almost never automatically reconnects to my vehicle Bluetooth for music steaming, further contributing to an unnecessary annoyance. This too was not an issue before. As it stands right now I am just too tired of having to babysit Bluetooth and am therefore moving back to my iPhone 7 Plus. The S8+ is being relegated to an at-home entertainment device, browsing, media and such. Once Samsung decides to actually release an update in Canada I will move back to the S8+.

Anyone else considering switching to a different device until Samsung addresses some of the core issues with the S8 series, like Bluetooth? What are your thoughts on the Samsung update process? We already know the Bluetooth fix for example rolled out in one region, but one region only. Chime in below.

Please keep the discussion civil. This post isn't meant to inflame a Samsung vs. Apple war. I have, and use, both devices.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
And the mystery deepens...just had an update come down, about 270MB, no mention of Bluetooth or SD card fixes like in the update 1AQEB. The version that came down for me was 1AQEJ, which seems newer than the 1AQEB assuming Samsung does sequential numbering on updates. It is very light in size compared to the Bluetooth variant that comes in at roughly 670MB. I installed it and tested my S3 Classic real quickly and the range seems better, but I only did one quick test. No time for more now. Oh and, security patch level is now at May 1st, 2017. If it turns out that this has no integrated Bluetooth fixes and no change is observed, we may be a long time away from a Bluetooth fix in Canada. I would be surprised to get two updates in a span of on month.

Screenshot_20170531-113757.jpg

Anyone else in Canada get this yet?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay, got a chance to test the Bluetooth connection again following the latest update. There seems to be a bit of improvement in range. This might be placebo effect. Beyond that, nothing has improved at all. I am still having trouble with Bluetooth dropping at random, connectivity and discovery issues, etc. Same as before. I don't believe that this update incorporated any of the Bluetooth fixes that were discussed for 1AQEB.

Marc Rosenthal

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know when this patch will be released in the U.S.? I just got my S8+ from Sprint, replacing my S5. I have a 2017 Ford Fusion with SYNC 3. The S5 took some time to get working properly in the car, but it was fine. With the S8+, the BT connects, but I have the following issues:
- Contacts don't download
- When I go to make a call, there's no audio or mic through the car (after the initial connection which sometimes works)
- I can't delete the device from the car's BT configuration unless I do a Master Reset
- Texts don't download from the phone

I initially thought the issue was with the car, but after reading these posts I'm thinking it's the S8+.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Any way I can get my hands on this patch? My baseband version ends in 1AQDE and the patch date is April 1, 2017.

Thanks.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know when this patch will be released in the U.S.? I just got my S8+ from Sprint, replacing my S5. I have a 2017 Ford Fusion with SYNC 3. The S5 took some time to get working properly in the car, but it was fine. With the S8+, the BT connects, but I have the following issues:
- When I go to make a call, there's no audio or mic through the car (after the initial connection which sometimes works)
- I can't delete the device from the car's BT configuration unless I do a Master Reset

I initially thought the issue was with the car, but after reading these posts I'm thinking it's the S8+.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Any way I can get my hands on this patch? My baseband version ends in 1AQDE and the patch date is April 1, 2017.

Thanks.
What version sync 3 are you on? I'm using the S8 on a 2016 Mustang with sync 3 version 2.2 and don't have any of those problems.

Edit: My wifes 2016 F-150 doesnt have those issues either.

Have you tried resetting the Sync 3 unit?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.
Nobody really knows. Considering that Canada got a patch newer than the 1AQEB but it doesn’t include any Bluetooth fixes leads me to think that Samsung has regional branches for updates. It may be a while before we see anything in Canada and US, especially since we are all running Snapdragon version.

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
My S8+ on US T-Mobile has issues staying connected to my Car Radio, but is working better after NOT allowing the radio to have access to my contacts. NOW it is disconnecting after about a minute streaming music to my new Yamaha Surround Sound System. hoping there is a fix soon.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Apparently US is now receiving 1AQEF update, a third variant now, and it also does not include any Bluetooth fixes. This is a joke.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had the S8 since its release, I've had an annoying issue that only happens occasionally, when I'm talking to someone via Bluetooth hands free on my Mazda Cx5, I can barely hear the other person and it's severely affected by static/crackling noise. However Bluetooth music streaming seems unaffected. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Interesting, what year is your CX-5? I briefly had some issues with my '14 CX-5 where it worked fine with streaming music but refused to download my phonebook. I had to unpair my phone and forget the Bluetooth connection, but after I connected back again, it's been working flawlessly.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
No problems on my 2009 Ford Edge. Could it be that the OP's car was borderline and the S8+ is exposing the flaw?

Dolphy007

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Interesting, what year is your CX-5? I briefly had some issues with my '14 CX-5 where it worked fine with streaming music but refused to download my phonebook. I had to unpair my phone and forget the Bluetooth connection, but after I connected back again, it's been working flawlessly.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

If your car is giving you problems deleting the device, then the issues you're having are with your car not your phone.

One dirty rotten secret of most automotive Bluetooth setups is that they use Bluetooth chips several generations behind what we get on phones. The chip in your car was probably designed in 2007.