06-09-2017 01:34 PM
40 12
tools
    Yeah, I used my pointer finger between the camera and fps to press it in, and instant crack. I may call Samsung to see if they'll replace it.
    Doesn't sound right. Did it take a lot of pressure inserting it in?
    Good luck with Samsung owning up to the problem. They might want to inspect the VR unit along with the phone.
    05-31-2017 07:08 PM
    One of the reasons I had not used my VR Gear yet is because you have to remove the phone from the case. Now that I am using a Seidio case (easier to remove) I will likely try the VR Gear. Glad I have carpet

Cheers,
    BR
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    06-01-2017 08:02 AM
    I order to use it with Gear VR you MUST remove it from case. The Gear VR is not case friendly.
    I don't think anyone was confused about this...
    06-01-2017 09:00 AM
    Doesn't sound right. Did it take a lot of pressure inserting it in?
    Good luck with Samsung owning up to the problem. They might want to inspect the VR unit along with the phone.
    Samsung would never own up to this problem because there is no problem. Dude didn't have it in all the way or connected properly, tried to force it in, and cracked it. Simple as that. I fail to see how this is even remotely Samsung's problem.

Be careful with your expensive toys, kids...
    Jon44 likes this.
    06-01-2017 09:03 AM
    Gear VR broke my S8+-raiders-lost-ark-indiana-jones-3677967-1280-720.jpg

This is exactly how I felt every time I wanted to touch my S8.
    06-02-2017 03:15 PM
    Samsung would never own up to this problem because there is no problem. Dude didn't have it in all the way or connected properly, tried to force it in, and cracked it. Simple as that. I fail to see how this is even remotely Samsung's problem.

Be careful with your expensive toys, kids...
    Wasn't user error. And Samsung did own up to it. It's off for free repair right now. No need to be condescending as you have been in this thread.
    06-09-2017 09:48 AM
    Wasn't user error. And Samsung did own up to it. It's off for free repair right now...
    Thats great to hear. Did they have you send the VR in to see if theres an issue on yours?
    06-09-2017 09:52 AM
    Thats great to hear. Did they have you send the VR in to see if theres an issue on yours?
    No. Just my S8+. The rep on the phone basically admitted the glass where mine cracked has no support.
    06-09-2017 09:57 AM
    No. Just my S8+. The rep on the phone basically admitted the glass where mine cracked has no support.
    Well thats comforting lol. So between the camera and FPS is a weak spot and shouldnt be pressed? Fantastic.
    06-09-2017 09:59 AM
    Well thats comforting lol. So between the camera and FPS is a weak spot and shouldnt be pressed? Fantastic.
    LOL. That's Samsung for ya! At least they're fixing it for free.
    06-09-2017 10:11 AM
    Wasn't user error. And Samsung did own up to it. It's off for free repair right now. No need to be condescending as you have been in this thread.
    If this was an actual Samsung problem, more people who use the VR would be experiencing this. You're the only one I've seen. I have zero issue using mine. Connects smooth like silk. No unwanted pressure or restriction while connecting the phone. I maintain my view of this being user error. You got lucky Samsung even entertained you with this situation.
    06-09-2017 11:54 AM
    If this was an actual Samsung problem, more people who use the VR would be experiencing this. You're the only one I've seen. I have zero issue using mine. Connects smooth like silk. No unwanted pressure or restriction while connecting the phone. I maintain my view of this being user error. You got lucky Samsung even entertained you with this situation.
    I doubt most people push the top in between the camera and FPS. The majority that I see use the top edges to snap it in. If what the Samsung rep told him is correct then that's far from user error.

I don't know about you but I'm unwilling to try it multiple times with varying pressure to find out.
    06-09-2017 12:33 PM
    "Entertained" me? Samsung is known for their horrible customer service. Your anecdotal evidence is no better than mine.
    06-09-2017 01:10 PM
    Glass breaks. IMO, aesthetics over functionality design fail. Like my 8+ lots, but not the all glass build. I use my S7 100% for Gear and the 8+ as my main phone. 8+ gets a lot less hot though, but I have a fan on the S7 for that.
    06-09-2017 01:31 PM
    Glass breaks. IMO, aesthetics over functionality design fail. Like my 8+ lots, but not a the all glass build. I use my S7 100% for Gear and the 8+ as my main phone. 8+ gets a lot less hot though, but I have a fan on the S7 for that.
    Same here! I still got my S7 Edge for that very reason. I would have LOVED if the S8 was built like the Note 4. I don't care about a glass back and that because I put my in thick cases. The V20 is another phone built like a tank minus the camera glass issue.
    06-09-2017 01:34 PM
40 12