Per some suggestions, we wanted to have a place to list your personal Pros & Cons of a device.
    List your goods and bads as you see it.
    Please do not start a discussion, just list your likes and dislikes for the S8 & S8 Plus.

Please do the following:
    1. Keep posts to a listing of pros and cons.
    2. You may list as many of either as you like.
    3. If you would like, you may add an overall purchase suggestion.

I'll start:

Device: S8 Plus

Pros:
    Great battery life.
    Edge/Infinity screen is fantastic.
    No physical home button.
    Great Samsung fonts and theme options.
    AOD.
    Gear VR.
    Samsung Pay.
    64 GB.
    Micro SD.

Cons:
    Locked bootloader.
    UI.
    Fingerprint sensor in odd place.
    Biometrics.
    Fragile.
    Unable to use screen protectors.

Recommend? YES!!

Mav.
    05-28-2017 08:52 PM
    S8+:

Pros:
    Great battery life.
    Fast
    Edge/Infinity screen is nice
    No physical home button.
    AOD.
    64 GB.
    Micro SD.
    Very accessible FPS with either hand. Really like direct access to home screen.
    Has excellent screen shields and cases available

Cons:
    Way too much work to get notifications to work...too many settings in too many places.
    Fragile.
    Turns on in pocket (may have solved this)
    VW Maverick likes this.
    05-28-2017 09:04 PM
    Device: S8 Plus

Pros:
    Great battery life
    AOD
    Samsung Pay
    64 GB
    Micro SD

Cons:
    The only con for me so far is not being able to find a decent glass screen protector. I have the zagg curved glass on now, but I've already had to replace it because I dropped my phone and the protector popped off. If this second one comes off I'll either go without one or try the HD contour from bodyguardz. It's not glass but it worked really well on my s 7 edge with my otterbox case.

I forgot to put that the charging cord for the wall charger stopped working after a week for fast charging. I have to keep plugging and unplugging my phone to get the fast charging to work. I use a non Samsung cord and Samsung fast charger brick with the USB c adapter at work with no problem.
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    05-29-2017 02:36 AM
    Who else wants to give us their lists???

Mav.
    05-30-2017 06:47 AM
    Device : S8+

Pros :
    -Excellent battery life
    -64Gb (even though i don't need that much ahah)
    -Aod
    -edge lighting
    -Screen (aspect ratio does screw this a bit)
    -Screen size

Cons:
    -the aspect ratio (no need for hdr or any of these in my usage)
    -bixby
    -no more removable battery
    -Pricing
    -Samsung bloatware that can't be disabled still
    -edges make this a bit more fragile than i'd like

To those hesitating on which version to get try both in stores i choose the + as it was about the same size as my old note 4 but not every hand is created equally :P

Nb: i know i listed pricing as a con but it's mostly for it's "full price" got mine at a pretty good discount with a contract imo
    Nb2 : i'm canadian so..... things may differ in the u.s alot (i don't have any bloatware on mine for one)
    05-30-2017 08:36 AM
    Considered waiting for the Note8, but when I went to check out the phone, I didn't think the lack of pen would be an issue for me personally.

Pros:
    Beautiful design (love the near zero bezels, makes my iPhone 6S+ that I use for work look like an antique)
    Great battery life so far
    AOD, really missed that after I returned my Note7 and temporary 7Edge
    No physical home button (yes I know the iPhone 7 and "8" will have that feature)
    Edges are more refined compared to the 7Edge (hated that phone)
    Amazing screen. I'm only running it in FHD+ (honestly can't tell the difference between that and WQHD+)
    Better implementation of the Touchwiz skin (although I have loaded Nova like I have used for a long time)
    Some Note7 functions (image capture, text recognition, etc)
    64GB storage & MicroSD (I'm using the 256GB card I received with the Note7 purchase)

Cons:
    Could be very fragile. Bought a Tech21 case but invested in a UAG case for additional protection.
    I didn't buy an unlocked phone (AT&T variant). So, I'm concerned about timely updates.
    Screen protector as others have mentioned. Really want to get one, but am not convinced there are any good ones.

Amazing phone. I actually picked up the "49.95 Gear S3" promo from AT&T. Amazing device as well. I have stopped wearing my Apple Watch as a result and have been flying with the S8+/Gear3 combo.

Very much considering making my S8+ my main driver for personal and for work and ditching the iPhone. Main challenge would be iMessage because the rest of my family are on iOS (I do still have an iPad though). Sorry, kind of off topic.
    bchain996 likes this.
    05-31-2017 09:29 AM
    Pros

+ Design that led me back to using it naked when not at work. So amazing in the hands.

+ SAMSUNG pay. Finally.

+ SAMSUNG promotions. Not just with the S8 but going back to Note 5, S7 & Note 8.

Cons

- Iris Scanner. For whatever reason I can't get it to work with my prescription glasses.

Battery, Performance and Storage are pretty much standard here. No complaints.

Amazing job not since the Note 2 that I bought two of the same. I love it so much I got the S8+ & S8.
    05-31-2017 09:29 AM
    Galaxy S8+ on Sprint

Pros:

• Sexy Design, the only phone that I want to not use a case with.
    • Battery life has been great.
    • I don't know what it is called but the phone sees when you put it into do not disturb mode or something similar and will set up an alarm or whatever for you.
    • Beautiful screen
    • Finger Print Scanner, nice to bring down the notifications bar with one hand.
    • Camera is awesome
    • Edge Screen
    • Swipe up for apps
    • AOD
    • Sexy design
    • There is so much more but my mind is not working as usual.

Cons:

• Bixby button is the most sensitive thing on the phone
    • Can't get edge lighting to work properly
    • Fragile

Did I mention this phone has a sexy design and fun to use and I have only just begun to scratch the surface. The beautiful design makes it very fragile. Even dropped on a high traffic carpet I got a crack in one of the corners. I also had a cheap phone case. I so want to take this phone out of it's case and use it but I am now afraid to do it even on the carpeted floors in my apartment.

The camera is one of my favorite things. I do not take a lot of pictures just cause I am horrible with a camera. With this camera I actually take ok pictures. It's odd because now I look for things to take pictures of where I never did before. I don't mess with any settings and just leave it on auto. Even I can't get a picture to come out blurry, which is typical for me.

I wish I could get the Edge Lighting to work properly. It only works while I'm using the phone and not when the phone is in AOD mode. I also love the customization you have on this phone just through Samsung themes. You do not get this level of design, functionality and customization with any other phone even if you root them.

Awesome job Samsung! You gave us a phone we wanted and need. This phone would be made only better if I could get some Gear products to go with it.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    05-31-2017 09:57 AM
    Pros:

Iris scanner
    FPS, I even like the location
    Display, all aspects of it, even ratio
    Smooth and fast
    Wifi range
    Ergonomics
    All glass!
    Pocketability for a large screen phone
    Edge screen
    Split screen improvements
    Ability to customize themes and icons with out 3rd party launchers
    Touchwiz slimmed down
    Bixby!
    Battery Life

Cons:

Picture review not using full screen when taking pictures
    Not all apps are optimized for this ratio although this has nothing to do with the phone
    Slimmed down edge lighting so there are not more colors like with the s7 edge
    Facial recognition totally quit working for me

This phone is fantastic overall. Wouldn't even consider moving to anything else.
    05-31-2017 01:50 PM
    Lack of good screen protection
    06-02-2017 05:37 PM
    Lack of good screen protection
    Try the Olixar Tempered Glass. I've been using mine with a Speigen case for 3 weeks now. It has not come off and the phone functionality hasn't been affected. Take your time installing it.
    06-04-2017 04:26 PM
    Pros:

Stellar camera, including the front selfie camera
    New features such as fun built-in live filters, iris scanner, and upcoming Bixby assistant
    Beautiful design, no manufacture has dared to go this far
    Great battery performance
    Beautiful Super AMLOED screen, huge screen size
    Easier to use one-handed thanks to new aspect ratio
    Samsung Pay
    Samsung Health App is very good if you haven't tried it

Cons:

Curved design makes it difficult to install cases and screen protectors
    Bezelless design makes it difficult to hold comfortably
    Bad fingerprint scanner placement
    Iris scanner not very secure after all (can be tricked with photo)
    Aspect ratio can get annoying when watching YouTube (annoying black borders)
    Screen doesn't actually feel that large (screen is much more narrow than typical phablets
    Fragile, all glass design
    No removable battery (been gone since Galaxy S5)
    TouchWiz OS doesn't feel as buttery smooth as pure Android or other OS
    Ugly icons

The only reason why I would pick the Samsung is for the camera and reliability. I currently have the V20 and S8 Plus. The V20 is my daily driver. My personal recommendation: wait for the S8 ACTIVE or get the older S7 Edge (not too different than S8 Plus).
    06-09-2017 08:15 PM
    PROS
    --Edge Panel
    --Waterproofing
    --Infinity Screen
    --Fantastico Battery
    --AOD

CONS
    --Nonremovable Battery
    --Beta Iris Scanner
    --Indifferent Speakers
    --General Fragility
    06-10-2017 06:27 PM
    Most gorgeous phone ever--far superior to comparable Apple models but the price is a nonremovable battery. I, personally, prefer the battery option.
    06-10-2017 06:46 PM
    Pros:

Iris Scanner - Really fast

Finger Print Scanner - Really fast, placement is actually pretty decent.

microSD up to 256GB - I now have my ENTIRE music collection on one portable device

Screen - It's just freakin' awesome

Call quality - I'm on Verizon and I get excellent call quality and service

Battery life - Pretty good. Not quite as good as my old iPhone 6s Plus. I've had to charge it a couple times while camping, where as I only had to charge my 6s Plus only once.

Camera - One of the best cameras I've used in a while. Handily beats my old iPhone. I love the Pro feature which allows me to do RAW capture

Video - Excellent video quality.

USB-C - 'Nuff said on that

Wireless charging

And now for the cons.

Lack of good screen protectors, although this is more of a screen protector maker problem than Samsung's.

When in pro mode, the camera won't save to the microSD card, which is annoying.

The Bixby button is an annoyance. Bixby itself is not to bad though, it is still a work in progress. Siri, Google Assistant, and Cortana all have their growing pains.

Samsung built a lot of new tech into this phone. With firmware/OS/driver updates, it actually can grow in capabilities. For example not just having a "force touch" on the home button, but adding a 3D type touch where it does something different with different levels of pressure.
    VW Maverick likes this.
    06-21-2017 02:35 PM
    Pros:
    - feels solid
    - great design
    - fast
    - water proofing
    - great battery life ( i get 2 full days before i charge )
    - loved the screen
    - Feels good with one hand use
    - camera is good and fast
    - AOD

Cons:
    - wish they just give us 6gb of ram
    - dual camera
    - like others hard to find a tempered glass that works (but i have solid case along with liquid nano on my screen)
    - wireless charging hit and miss (ended up selling my samsung fast charger that was designed for S7/note7)
    06-28-2017 09:19 AM
    Pros:

Iris scanner

Sleek, all black design

Size and shape make it easy to use one handed

Remappable buttons

Cons:

Fingerprint scanner placement is the worst

No camera improvements or features

WiFi is weaker than S7 Edge
    07-05-2017 11:53 AM
    Pros:

Speed
    Battery life
    Display scaling
    Display quality
    3.5 jack (sound quality very good as well)
    FM radio works
    Display ratio is great for emulators (moves touch controls out of way more)
    Fits hand well

Cons

Crack magnet design
    Curved corners (reminds me of a CRT monitor)
    Curved sides distort content
    No stereo speakers
    The chipset throttles too much even at lower temps (very apparent with Dolphin emulator)- Would be nice if part of power saving options.

Overall though rocking device, but would MUCH prefer a flat display with no curved corners, but compromise the one hand use a tad.
    07-13-2017 11:45 AM
    As I have noted elsewhere a number of times if screen protection is a top priority consider folio/wallet leather case.
    07-21-2017 10:09 PM
    Galaxy S8 unlocked

Pros:

Beautiful aesthetics (thin, slim bezels)
    water resistant

Cons:

FINGERPRINT SCANNER is horrible (terrible location and finicky to use)

Honestly, if they would have put the scanner towards the bottom of the phone and far away from the camera, this would have been the perfect phone....
    07-31-2017 09:43 PM

Cons:

FINGERPRINT SCANNER is horrible (terrible location and finicky to use)
    ^^This. FPS is a disaster imo. Bugged me every time I tried to unlock, slightly better on the smaller model but still and issue for me and the reason I have an LG G6.

I keep seeing the S8 and wanting one again, then I remember the FPS.

Total deal breaker for me and as I have said elsewhere, baffled the N8 looks set to have the same location.
    08-16-2017 08:06 AM
    ^^This. FPS is a disaster imo. Bugged me every time I tried to unlock, slightly better on the smaller model but still and issue for me and the reason I have an LG G6.

I keep seeing the S8 and wanting one again, then I remember the FPS.

Total deal breaker for me and as I have said elsewhere, baffled the N8 looks set to have the same location.
    You know over the past 2 weeks I've gotten used to the FPS, mostly because I now use a case. When I first got the phone, I didn't have one. The case allows me to easily find where the scanner should be.

I still think that this would have been the perfect phone if the FPS had been lower...but I now love the phone despite this drawback
    badcat likes this.
    08-17-2017 08:54 PM
    You know over the past 2 weeks I've gotten used to the FPS, mostly because I now use a case. When I first got the phone, I didn't have one. The case allows me to easily find where the scanner should be.

I still think that this would have been the perfect phone if the FPS had been lower...but I now love the phone despite this drawback
    I have a case too and because of this, the FPS works perfectly every time and never fails.
    08-22-2017 02:26 PM
    S8+

Pros:
    -Screen
    -UI
    -Samsung Pay (I just love it)
    -Size I love big phones
    -Battery Life is amazing
    - Water resistant

Cons:
    -FPS is finicky to me. Location is ok, it's just not very snappy compared to the rest of the phone
    -Bixby Voice. I had to turn it off, as it was answering calls I didn't want to answer so phone was on while I didn't even know other person listening to my convos, turned on to the voices from the TV. It is just too sensitive.

Overall, I love it and would recommend it.
    VW Maverick likes this.
    08-27-2017 05:49 PM
    S8 Plus is the best smart phone i ever watched. Shape of S8 is awasome and the apps is impressive then i phone.I used iphone in the last 4 years but shift after the look of S8
    Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Pros and Cons-galaxy-s8-1-.jpg
    tuckertje01 and whitecollar like this.
    08-31-2017 10:38 AM